 Belville / 621
Re: Where are the Belville lovers..?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2006 06:18:59 GMT

In lugnet.belville, Manfred Moolhuysen wrote:
   Well, at least there are a few builders on Brickshelf that use Belville figures in interesting ways:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=kezzart
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Damien27

And in the long fan-driven range of tribute remakings of set #1692 - Town Square in other LEGO themes, there is also a Belville one: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=60584

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen

Some of these examples show us that Belville figures can be used in a non-pink and non-sissy way. The problem is that TLG has decided to make this theme only for girls. And almost automatically, boys don’t like them. But for the adult builders, they have lots of possibilities, because of their flexibility and better proportions. In my opinion, it is almost a shame that the newer ones has rigid arms and feet, but undoubtedly this is due to cheaper production costs. What a pity.

My greatest wish; Belville scaled knights, soldiers, and so on. ...With all movable limbs...