 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3457
3456  |  3458
Subject:
Wedding Cake Tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.belville
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2006 04:18:08 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Not the WC, it's the Wedding Cake Tower (WCT) thanks Bob for the name ;^)

This is a MOC from approximately 18-24 months ago, where I tried to incorporate
as many Belville pieces as possible, in the end you can probably only see 30% of
them and in the photo about 20%.

Using light yellow, light violet, dark pink, white, yellow, orange and
trans-pink in large dollops, it's an icecream vendors nightmare.

Departing a great deal from the original plan while building, an outer facade
covered up some things I wasn't happy with and concealed some problems with
scale.

The first storey is chunky and would have been reworked, if it didn't mean total
demolition. Call it a work in limbo. I dont mind the top, where it reverted to a
more traditional castley feel in white and trans-pink.

Only one photo at the moment, I'll get some more that show design details in the
coming week.

-pete.w