 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3929
3928  |  3930
Subject:
The Tequila Sunrise
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2007 07:10:30 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Here’s my latest steam engine I’ve been working on. It’s lacking stickers, but someday I’ll find a printer that can print decent stickers from home. Till then I’ll have to wait till I can find the time to borrow the use of my father’s printer.

Post Mod Gallery
(image is a link, deeplinks are numbered 01-03)

It is a fully track compatible Hudson Class (4-6-4) steamer with Henry Dreyfuss inspired streamlining. I say inspired because these locomotives, designed exclusively for the New York Central lines for their 20th Century Limited, never came in yellow. But not all the parts I needed came in yellow, and I didn’t have a yellow locomotive yet. I think it turned out pretty nifty.

The locomotive will be numbered ‘7244’, and will carry the ‘Sava Railways’ livery on the tender. It’s name, the ‘Tequila Sunrise’, comes from the fact that it’s blindingly yellow and my locomotive will be paired with Santa Fe Super Chief Pullman cars, at least till I can afford to make matching passenger cars. Plus I like the play on meaning (a Tequila Sunrise is an orange juice based alcoholic beverage).

I’ll take more pictures when I have the stickers made and I have more energy.

Please let me know what you think!

--Tony