 Trains / 29158
Re: The Tequila Sunrise
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2007 23:30:00 GMT

Anthony Sava wrote:
Here's my latest steam engine I've been working on.  It's lacking stickers, but
someday I'll find a printer that can print decent stickers from home.  Till then
I'll have to wait till I can find the time to borrow the use of my father's
printer.

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/trains/dreyfusshudson/dreyfuss7244_01.jpg
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/trains/dreyfusshudson/thumb/dreyfuss7244_01.jpg_thumb.jpg>>¬
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=253615 Post Mod Gallery>¬
(image is a link, deeplinks are numbered 01-03)

It is a fully track compatible Hudson Class (4-6-4) steamer with Henry Dreyfuss
inspired streamlining.  I say inspired because these locomotives, designed
exclusively for the New York Central lines for their 20th Century Limited, never
came in yellow.  But not all the parts I needed came in yellow, and I didn't
have a yellow locomotive yet.  I think it turned out pretty nifty.

[...]

I'll take more pictures when I have the stickers made and I have more energy.

Please let me know what you think!

--Tony

Pretty nifty indeed. But yellow? I'll assume that this

But not all the parts I needed came in yellow,

was supposed to mean that all of the parts that you needed came in
yellow, so that's the color you chose?

Mmmm.... tequila....

Chris

--