 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2692
  The Brick Testament: Judge Deborah

(URL) The Brick Testament> continues its illustration of the Biblical book of (URL) with the story of Israel's only female judge, Deborah: (2 URLs) of the Canaanites> (NOTE: For anyone unfamiliar with The Brick Testament or the Bible, please take (...) (19 years ago, 3-Apr-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.ancient, FTX) !

  Re: The Brick Testament: Judge Deborah

Hey Brendan, Another good chapter. Comments: 4:4-5 - Did you spring for the hair for this, or did you already have it? Good use of a rare part to set off a distinctive figure (though it might have been better for Sarah if you had had it back in (...) (19 years ago, 4-Apr-05, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: Judge Deborah

(...) I've had a couple of these white hair pieces for a little while now, but indeed was waiting for an appropriate time to use them. I didn't spring for them though, they were a gift to The Brick Testament. No, not from the LEGO company. :) I (...) (19 years ago, 5-Apr-05, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: Judge Deborah

(...) Have you tried reinforcing it with a bent paperclip? I know you've used some non-lego solutions in the past (hey, you're not photographing it with a Vision Command camera) and it wouldn't even be visible. Also, I think (URL) is the best shot (...) (19 years ago, 5-Apr-05, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: Judge Deborah

(...) Yeah, I don't know what it says about me as a person, but I'm more upset at the sight of mutilated Lego than I am at the idea of someone getting killed violently in his sleep. By the way, I love the backward-helmet look here...I don't think it (...) (19 years ago, 6-Apr-05, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: Judge Deborah

(...) True, but everything in front of the camera is LEGO (except the background sky). Has LEGO ever made paperclips? Maybe if somebody from Billund or Enfield sent me some paperclips from LEGO headquarters, that could be some sort of loophole. But (...) (19 years ago, 6-Apr-05, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: Judge Deborah

(...) I think it is Padme: (URL) (19 years ago, 6-Apr-05, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: The Brick Testament: Judge Deborah

Or you can use the metal wire used in battery boxes like (URL) here>, or simply say that you did. I mean, cutting up lego pieces seems worse to me than using an invisible paperclip. But hey, it's your party :) (19 years ago, 6-Apr-05, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: Judge Deborah

(...) I think the Desk Pal comes with paper clips: (URL) (19 years ago, 6-Apr-05, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: Judge Deborah

(...) I guess I'm not as bothered as some people at the idea of "mutilated" LEGO. I mean, don't think of it as a mutilated LEGO head that has become useless, think of it as two LEGO half-heads--a new specialty part previously unavailable. And who (...) (19 years ago, 6-Apr-05, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: Judge Deborah

(...) That's a pretty clever idea--wait a second, that's GALIDOR! I might as well start using MegaBlocks. -Brendan P.S. Just kidding. But I think Julie's come up with a simpler paper clip solution. (19 years ago, 6-Apr-05, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: Judge Deborah

(...) And I'm going to need a Goliath soon anyhow. :) Thanks, Julie. -Brendan (19 years ago, 6-Apr-05, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: Judge Deborah

(...) Well, in truth this is something I've always struggled with (sort of like the struggle to reconcile an all-powerful, all-loving god that is spiteful enough to submit people to an eternity of endless torture) but here's my latest musings. I (...) (19 years ago, 7-Apr-05, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: Judge Deborah

In lugnet.announce.moc, Brendan Powell Smith wrote: (2 URLs) I don't reply each time you announce, but I always look forward to each new chapter you produce. I always share with friends and family- sometimes it leads to a laugh and sometimes a deep (...) (19 years ago, 7-Apr-05, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: Judge Deborah

Hi, Felix. (...) That's really nice to hear, thanks. It's great to hear that sort of thing from anyone, but it's extra special to hear that from someone whose MOCs really stand out from the crowd for their originality and artistry. So first let me (...) (19 years ago, 8-Apr-05, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: Judge Deborah

(...) Oh, wow, I was just thinking it was because we missed our yearly BricksWest/Brickfest West Coast meet up. But hey, Russia, that's an even better excuse. (...) While that's an interesting tidbit, is that really all you have to tell us about (...) (19 years ago, 8-Apr-05, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: Judge Deborah

(...) I say this because its the same reason I attempted a more artistic direction with lego rather than another medium. The shapes, textures, and colors invoke immediate feelings in an observer. So this can be used as a spring board to communicate (...) (19 years ago, 8-Apr-05, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: Judge Deborah

(...) Yeah, there is that. I even missed the last NWBrickCon. No doubt about it, I'm slacking rather badly. (...) I could tell you, but then...well, then you'd probably be bored. And disappointed. James Bond (and Jason Bourne for that matter) (...) (19 years ago, 9-Apr-05, to lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: Judge Deborah

(...) Are these the same brand/type of clones that were, IIRC, confiscated in Finland and crushed at LEGO expense? This (URL) link> has pics of the clones, and this (URL) link> has a story about the crushing. Those may not be the top of the thread (...) (19 years ago, 10-Apr-05, to lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: Judge Deborah

(...) Yep, that's the stuff. I couldn't bring myself to buy any (even for novelty purposes), though they could be had for pennies on the dollar compared with LEGO... Derek (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)