 People / 4375
Re: The Brick Testament: Judge Deborah
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Sat, 9 Apr 2005 16:57:39 GMT

In lugnet.build.ancient, Brendan Powell Smith wrote:
   In lugnet.build.ancient, Derek Schin wrote:

   Good to hear from you. It’s been a while.

Yeah, that would be because I just got back from a lengthy stay in Russia.

Oh, wow, I was just thinking it was because we missed our yearly BricksWest/Brickfest West Coast meet up. But hey, Russia, that’s an even better excuse.

Yeah, there is that. I even missed the last NWBrickCon. No doubt about it, I’m slacking rather badly.

   About all I can say is that if you’re looking for cheap knock-off Lego, forget Southeast Asia and head for the former Soviet Union. Imagine semi-classic sets from the mid-nineties that look identical to the real thing, but instead of the word “System” in the corner it says “Brick.” I wish I were kidding.

While that’s an interesting tidbit, is that really all you have to tell us about your lengthy stay in Russia?! Or, oh, is because the rest of your trip was filled with military secrets?

I could tell you, but then...well, then you’d probably be bored. And disappointed. James Bond (and Jason Bourne for that matter) definitely made Russia look a lot cooler than it really is.

Derek