 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1224
  The Brick Testament lays down The Law

The Brick Testament updates today with the first four stories in a brand new section of the website called 'The Law'. These stories will be illustrating examples of God's laws and commandments as dictated by Moses in the books of Exodus, Leviticus, (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jun-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.town) !!

  Re: The Brick Testament lays down The Law

(...) Brendan, Looks Great! I love the floor in "Settling Disputes," very creative. These four stories clearly gave you a chance to put some modernness to your models. Great use of the Studios face in "Accidental Death." Another great addition to (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jun-03, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament lays down The Law

Once again Brendan, Simply awesome. I especially like the different forms of execution. I just have to ask, is your courtroom floor made up of headlight bricks pieced together? It is an incredible effect. Scott Costello (21 years ago, 23-Jun-03, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Headlight Patterns

(...) Hi, Scott. Yes, those are 1x1 headlight bricks. I first stumbled onto that building technique when I was trying to figure out a way to make God in could form in Exodus -- I needed studs poiting in four directions to attach the outer curves of (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jun-03, to lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.cad, lugnet.build) !!

  Re: The Brick Testament lays down The Law

(...) (URL) very Vietnam execution-ish.... Does anyone have any other recreations of famous photographs done with Lego? Could make for a rather interesting brickshelf gallery. As usual, more outstanding work from the Rev (including a nifty brick (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jun-03, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: Headlight Patterns

(...) Jumping, jiminie headlight bricks! Those are super neat. I think I may have to place an order for a couple thousand headlight bricks soon. Jason Spears | (URL) BrickCentral> | (URL) MichLUG> (21 years ago, 24-Jun-03, to lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: Headlight Patterns

(...) I don't think that is a very good idea. Headlights bricks cost on BrickLink will skyrocket and become very hard to get if everybody start doing that! These parts are not meant to be used in mass quantities like ordinary bricks! Lego never mass (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jun-03, to lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: Headlight Patterns

(...) Well I don't think you have anything to fear, my Lego spending has been way down in the past year and I am not likely to actually go out and buy a few thousand. (...) Ah, well it is just another fine example of a part that Lego needs to make (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jun-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament lays down The Law

Hey Brendan, Great work as always. Some thoughts: Introduction: Same issue as before, more Moses talkin'. Settling Disputes: I love the use of modern settings, which give you the opportunity to use different building styles as we discussed before, (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jun-03, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: Headlight Patterns

(...) Indeed. I have a couple thousand red (that I got from a seller at a very good price) already, but not so many of other needful colors. I'm keen to get some background on how these were created.. I'm thinking that if you made up a number of (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jun-03, to lugnet.build)

  Re: Headlight Patterns

The Rev. Brendan Powell Smith wrote in message ... (...) that (...) could (...) Testament (...) Wow. This is a startling discovery Brendan! Amazing patterns. I made a very few samples of your ideas (most of my headlight bricks are tied up in a model (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jun-03, to lugnet.build)

  Re: The Brick Testament lays down The Law

(...) Hi, Kevin. Thanks for the comments. (...) Glad you like it. @8^) As I mentioned in reply to Scott, I've been kind of waiting for an opportunity to do a headlight brick patterned floor. The courtroom seemed like a good enough excuse. I'm hoping (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jun-03, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: Headlight Patterns

(...) @8^) Glad you like them. In lugnet.build, Stéphane Simard wrote: (...) I was a little afraid of that. Fortunately I've had the past several months to stockpile before the rush. (...) "Not meant to be used in mass quantities". I like that. (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jun-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Headlight Patterns

(...) Hi, Larry. I was curious to see if other builders would figure out how these were made. Your description above sounds about right. For anyone interested, I've thrown together a little tutorial to spell it out. If it inspires others to come up (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jun-03, to lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: Headlight Patterns

(...) Yes, the build order is quite important. If we were to try a a giant "quilt" like the one I suggested in my response to Larry, it would be quite the task to actually fit all the 1,024-brick squares together. You would need to know in advance (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament lays down The Law

In lugnet.build.ancient, John Spencer Rezkalla wrote: (URL) (...) Yes, specifically this famously and deeply disturbing (URL) image> captured by photographer Eddie Adams of a Viet Cong prisoner executed by Nguyen Ngoc Loan, who, as the linked (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament lays down The Law

(...) Hi, Bruce. Thanks as always for taking the time. (...) Yep. (...) It's been a liberating experience, I have to admit. Nice to use minifigs who wear glasses, too. (...) Thanks, see my replies to others for more details on that. (...) That the (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: Headlight Patterns

(...) Compared to when? When exactly did you NOT feel like a rebel??? :) (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Headlight Patterns

(...) I think these patterns are more like the tessellated tile patterns found in Islamic architecture; for example at the Alhambra in Granada, Spain. Isn't a square tile repeating pattern mathematically restricted to only 7 (types). Have you (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.build)

  Re: Headlight Patterns

(...) Apparently its 17 not 7! SteveH (BeLUG) (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.build)

  Re: The Brick Testament lays down The Law

(...) That passage is much misunderstood. At the time it was written, it instructed a to retribution, not an encouragement to revenge. Prior to "Eye for eye" laws, it was much more common for the people to follow the practice of "Death for eye." (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: Headlight Patterns

A few years ago I did a little galaxy mosaic in this style, and it's still sitting on my shelf. I used gray, black, and white bricks, and made a spiral galaxy. I'm not sure if I came up with the technique myself or if I had seen it elsewhere. Eric (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.build)

  Re: The Brick Testament lays down The Law

(...) If we're just looking at this law as man-made, devoid of any divinely-commanded or divinely-inspired status, in that case, I don't really find it all that disturbing or surprising considering when it was written and compared with the (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: Headlight Patterns

(...) ... (...) I've been fascinated with parts that singly can be used to make patterns for over twenty years, but I don't think I ever thought to build anything exploiting that aspect. Kudos to the Reverend for this great inspiration. I got out my (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.build)

  Re: Headlight Patterns

Not that it matters, but just for the sake of history... Craigo (Hamilton) explained some of these headlight brick patterns to me over the phone once about 4-5 years ago, and then we spent some time playing with the various patterns as we talked. (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: Headlight Patterns

(...) Thanks, Cary. What other single LEGO elements have you thought of exploiting in this way? (...) Correct. (...) That's pretty neat-o. I hadn't realized there were other ways to assemble headlight mosaics. I played around with that 4x4 pattern a (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jun-03, to lugnet.build)

  Famous Photos (Re: The Brick Testament lays down The Law)

(...) At the risk of tooting my own horn, here's my contribution to "Lego-ized" famous photos... (URL) (21 years ago, 29-Jun-03, to lugnet.build.minifigs)