 Announcements / 3599
  Scott Wardlaw's GM EMD SD80 in Norfolk Southern trim

(URL) Please take a look at the rest of the pictures here: (URL) Thanks for looking, Scott (17 years ago, 21-Aug-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Scott Wardlaw's GM EMD SD80 in Norfolk Southern trim

(...) That's a nice locomotive! Seeing models like this that so closely resemble the trains I have seen near my house is neat. Jim (17 years ago, 21-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Scott Wardlaw's GM EMD SD80 in Norfolk Southern trim

(...) That is one sweet loco Scott. So many nice details an very well proportioned. The decals look awesome. I'm curious how you made them as I've been searching for a good solution for my own decals. Great work. Cale (17 years ago, 22-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Scott Wardlaw's GM EMD SD80 in Norfolk Southern trim

(...) I'll be the first to admit I'm not the biggest fan of diesel MOCs, but that has so many interesting details I really do like it. The bogeys are a neat design, particularly the way the steps are part of the bogey but line up neatly in the (...) (17 years ago, 22-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Scott Wardlaw's GM EMD SD80 in Norfolk Southern trim

(...) Cale, Thanks for the compliments! My process for making the stickers begins with finding a good picture of the real sticker on the real train. Here is a great source: (URL) finding one that is a direct shot of the real sticker, I then spend a (...) (17 years ago, 22-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Scott Wardlaw's GM EMD SD80 in Norfolk Southern trim

(...) Jason, Thanks for the compliments! I'm also happy with the way that the sunken box turned out for the exhaust. I wasn't sure it was going to look good. I really tried to tile, or not show studs on the front, but couldn't find anything else (...) (17 years ago, 22-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Scott Wardlaw's GM EMD SD80 in Norfolk Southern trim

(...) www.railfonts.com should be helpful for the artwork for many railroads (but not NS). Benn PS, echoing the others, nice locomotive. (17 years ago, 23-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Scott Wardlaw's GM EMD SD80 in Norfolk Southern trim

(...) Very nice indeed. You have got a really nice balance of shape and detail in there. I may have to 'borrow' some of your ideas there, I particularly like the steps. Excellent decals - 10/10 Play Well Chris (17 years ago, 23-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Scott Wardlaw's GM EMD SD80 in Norfolk Southern trim

(...) Maybe not better, but thinner. I like using string to keep things less bulky. (URL) (17 years ago, 23-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Scott Wardlaw's GM EMD SD80 in Norfolk Southern trim

This is a beautiful engine. I love how detailed it is and I love that it shows off just how awsome 6 wide can be! Thanks for the tips on the decals. I am suprised you photoshop from pictures instead of taking the easy way out and purchasing them (...) (17 years ago, 8-Sep-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Scott Wardlaw's GM EMD SD80 in Norfolk Southern trim

(...) already replied to this effect, but forgot the "finding the good pictures" and all of that monkey business! Honestly, you need to get to (URL) railfonts> and buy the herald fonts Benn has created. They are vector based and are totally awesome! (...) (17 years ago, 8-Sep-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Scott Wardlaw's GM EMD SD80 in Norfolk Southern trim

John, thanks for the comments! I have been to railfonts.com and haven't always found what I was looking for. Also, I enjoy doing a lot of this stuff. If he had re-sizeable pictures of video game arcade machines (my most recent project), I would have (...) (17 years ago, 8-Sep-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Scott Wardlaw's GM EMD SD80 in Norfolk Southern trim

(...) The string does look pretty good! Thanks for sharing your design! Scott (17 years ago, 8-Sep-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Scott Wardlaw's GM EMD SD80 in Norfolk Southern trim

(...) Matt, thanks for your compliments! I just saw your BrickShelf page, and it looks like your layout is coming along nicely! My layout is in about the same state. Anyway, with a MOC that is black or mostly black, it is important to have a white (...) (17 years ago, 8-Sep-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)