 Announcements / 3478
  Site changes on LDraw: Opinions sought

Hi all, If you've visited (URL) lately you will probably have noticed a new set of big links up the top (I call them quick links). We've been trying to make the site easier to navigate in order to help new and old users alike. In order to make the (...) (17 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Site changes on LDraw: Opinions sought

(...) Have you used the same ID for the poll as the last SOTM/MOTM, which is the only LDRAW poll I have voted in earlier? (17 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Site changes on LDraw: Opinions sought

(...) That was when I was not logged in. After logging in, I can see the poll and vote. Checking from another computer without any LDRAW cookies... same message "You already voted". Seems the poll doesn't work unless logged in, even though the text (...) (17 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Site changes on LDraw: Opinions sought

(...) I get the same thing: "You already voted." Incidentally, I wanted to mention that I think it would be nice if you could still view the poll choices after voting, just without the option to vote again. In particular, I'd like to be able to look (...) (17 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Site changes on LDraw: Opinions sought

(...) They fixed the "unable to view" problem a long time ago for the contests. Just go to the contest voting page and click on the view link instead of the vote link, and it will show you the entries. It won't remind you which entry you voted on, (...) (17 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Site changes on LDraw: Opinions sought

(...) That's a good idea. I think I'll add that onto the list of thing to be improved. -Orion (17 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Site changes on LDraw: Opinions sought

(...) Ah, thank you. I was clicking the prominent "March MOTM" poll link at the top of the main page instead of navigating through the contests page. (Maybe the main page link could direct you to the view or vote pages depending on whether you've (...) (17 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Site changes on LDraw: Opinions sought

(...) Well, I wasn't going to say anything because I didn't want to be a pest but you are seeking opinions. I can never figure out what is going on with the contests. I am interested in them, but to this day I haven't spent the time to figure out (...) (17 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Site changes on LDraw: Opinions sought

(...) Tim, What do you guys think about a total redesign of LDraw.org? The PostNuke interface does make it easy for many people to edit the site--a key reason we did the CMS in the first place. But, it does appear clunky throughout and could really (...) (17 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Site changes on LDraw: Opinions sought

(...) This a probably a bug in the polls module. I originally wrote the module for the MOTM contest only (in fact the module still serves as the MOTM archive) and later adapted it to run all types of polls. Since I've never really fully tested a (...) (17 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Site changes on LDraw: Opinions sought

(...) Due to the amount of time I've put into developing custom module for PostNuke I'm obviously in favor of option 1. I've become pretty proficient at web design and the use of the PostNuke theme engine so a potential contributer would just need (...) (17 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Site changes on LDraw: Opinions sought

(...) before we talk about design I'd like to see some idiosyncrasies solved which give us webmasters sometimes a hard time. w. (17 years ago, 17-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Site changes on LDraw: Opinions sought

(...) Could you explain? Are you talking about software idiosyncracies, organizational process idiosyncracies, or...? I'm not -pushing- for redesign per se, I'm just bringing it up for discussion as I think it would be really cool to see an (...) (17 years ago, 17-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Site changes on LDraw: Opinions sought

(...) I'm talking about the PostNuke nuts'n'bolts. this kind of stuff: (URL) I'm not -pushing- for redesign per se, I'm just bringing it up for discussion as (...) every help to steamline the PN stuff is welcomed and much appreciated (where (...) (17 years ago, 18-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Site changes on LDraw: Opinions sought

--snip-- (...) I'm with Willy on this. Much as I'd love to move away from PostNuke I just don't think it's worth the effort right now. So long as the site is relatively attractive and, more importantly, serves its purpose properly by allowing ready (...) (17 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)