 Announcements / 3477
  Dancing Mech Modeling/animatino LDraw/POV-Ray Video Tutorial Series

I'd happy to announce a new tutorial: Dancing Mech Modeling/animatino LDraw/POV-Ray Video Tutorial Series (URL) From the webpage: This series of videos walks through the process of creating a dancing mech from start to finish. Here are the (...) (17 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Dancing Mech Modeling/animatino LDraw/POV-Ray Video Tutorial Series

(...) first video and look forward to watching it and the others. It appears that you have put a lot of time into this project and I anticipate that it will appreciated as a great resource. Anyway, as a fellow Bricksmith user I am eager to pick up (...) (17 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Dancing Mech Modeling/animatino LDraw/POV-Ray Video Tutorial Series

(...) (URL) (17 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Dancing Mech Modeling/animatino LDraw/POV-Ray Video Tutorial Series

(...) Hi, me again! Just started watching the first Bricksmith video and I noticed you pointed out something that's always bugged me - how the part browser matches spaces literally. I guess the LDraw part descriptions all reserve two characters for (...) (17 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Dancing Mech Modeling/animatino LDraw/POV-Ray Video Tutorial Series

(...) Have you considered converting them to FLV and using a flash based player like Flowplayer ((URL) to deliver them? Just a suggestion as almost 50% more internet users have flash installed than quicktime ((URL) A> (17 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Dancing Mech Modeling/animatino LDraw/POV-Ray Video Tutorial Series

(...) It is strangely suspenseful watching someone search for an unknown part! I'm sure you've found it by now, but the part you were looking for in the third video is a "wedge." So for your benefit or others', don't forget that in many cases you (...) (17 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: Dancing Mech Modeling/animatino LDraw/POV-Ray Video Tutorial Series

(...) I downloaded Flowplayer and it looks really cool, especially the long play version. Unfortunately, I wont be able to get switch for this project mainly because I don't have the time to switch and finish this on the schedule I have. And I've (...) (17 years ago, 17-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Dancing Mech Modeling/animatino LDraw/POV-Ray Video Tutorial Series

(...) Ok, I admit I've studied that clip frame by frame... It isn't the *only* reason I'm making a dancing robot animation, but it might be the biggest reason. James (17 years ago, 17-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Dancing Mech Modeling/animatino LDraw/POV-Ray Video Tutorial Series

(...) Wow, cool! I believe I sent that request to Allen too. I know a little Cocoa but am bad with large projects, so I haven't attempted to actually make any of the feature requests I've sent him. (...) Great comment. Actually, I was hoping to put (...) (17 years ago, 17-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Dancing Mech Modeling/animatino LDraw/POV-Ray Video Tutorial Series

(...) Yeah, I eventually found it. O:) (...) Duh! I can't believe I totally forgot that! (...) Cool, great comments! I hope you don't mind if I put this all in my addendum sections? I'll have to try them out too. James (17 years ago, 17-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Dancing Mech Modeling/animatino LDraw/POV-Ray Video Tutorial Series

I've posted the next video showing how to convert the file to POV-Ray and how to render it. (URL) (17 years ago, 17-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Dancing Mech Modeling/animatino LDraw/POV-Ray Video Tutorial Series

(...) Neat. It's interesting that Bricksmith has actually been the incentive for me to pick up Cocoa. I figured that some of these minor quirks that interrupt the flow of things couldn't be too hard to straighten out, so I sat down and just started (...) (17 years ago, 17-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Dancing Mech Modeling/animatino LDraw/POV-Ray Video Tutorial Series

(...) Now this one introduces some new stuff to me! I have been to Anton's web site before (and admired his work), but I did not realize what the Converter did or that it worked independently of L3P. I have not had time to play with it much yet but (...) (17 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Dancing Mech Modeling/animatino LDraw/POV-Ray Video Tutorial Series

I've posted the movie showing how to add a minifig to the model. (URL) minutes Here is a list of the topics covered: * Where to find the minifig macro * Image maps (faces, shirts, etc) aka lib_decorations * Using an existing minifig * Hiding bricks (...) (17 years ago, 30-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad)