 Announcements / 2118
2117  |  2119
Subject:
New Lego Painting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 08:04:26 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi everybody,

After a long weekend of hard painting, I've managed to finish up a painting I've
been working on for quite some time, and I thought I'd share it with everyone.
I have to apologize in advance for the subject, which is so hackneyed that it's
become cliche: it's your stereotypical ninjas vs. pirates vs. dragons vs.
spaceships vs. knights vs. dinosaurs vs. helicopters vs. superheroes vs. army
guys vs. Timmy vs. skeletons (etc. etc.) kind of thing, same as every
third-grade boy has scrawled all over his notebook paper since the invention of
third grade. But I hope you enjoy it anyway:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rayhawk/Artwork/epic.jpg

- Mike.

Notes (for the curious):

1. The medium is oil/digital.  It started out as a graphite-on-vellum drawing I
did last year, which I ended up giving to Shaun Sullivan.  I had started a color
version in oils, but I never had time to finish it; eventually I just scanned it
into the computer and finished it out in Photoshop.

2. Although I've been working for Lego lately, this was a personal project from
long before I signed on with them, and is completely unrelated to anything the
company is doing right now.

3. The original work (on my hard drive) is much higher res and would probably
make for some nice posters and prints, but I've got to check with the guys in
Legal to see how badly I would get sued if I tried to hand them out.  At the
very least, I'm thinking it makes a nice desktop background:

http://www.brikwars.com/downloads/epic_1024x768.jpg

4. I can't believe I forgot to put any giant robots in.  Now I have to start all
over!