 General / 42404
Re: New Lego Painting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 01:47:21 GMT

In lugnet.general, Andrew Saada wrote:
Please tell me that's Superman in the background and not a super-Timmy!

Wow, that would be a hell of a secret identity!  I'd sure be fooled.  There are
a lot of uncanny parallels between Superman and Timmy though - that curl of
black hair on the forehead, that bright red letter on the chest, that way they
both have noses - no!  It's too horrible to contemplate.  I have a dread feeling
that Super-Timmy may work his way into a future version of BrikWars now.

Keep up the excellent painting and I look forward to more! Will you be
releasing info as to when your work for LEGO is viewable?

We'll see, I'm mostly doing concept stuff now, so I don't even get to ask
permission to show that work until after the products hit the shelves - by which
time I expect to have forgotten which parts were mine.  If one of my
illustrations makes it out in promo materials or the magazine or something then
I'll probably point it out.  Unless it's for Clikits or something, I probably
wouldn't be in a big hurry to take credit for that.

- Mike.