 Announcements / 2077
2076  |  2078
Subject:
SCLTC - Fullerton Railroad Days - May 3-4, 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.announce
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2003 01:01:54 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi all -

SCLTC has just finished its latest show!

http://www.scltc.org/pages/galleries/events.asp

Over the weekend, the club displayed at the Fullerton Train Station. We had
a great time, showing off what we do best to a semi-drenched public during
Saturday's downpour and a massive crowd on Sunday.

New layout features included:

- A large downtown section with highrise buildings and the President's
motorcade.
- A LEGO version of the South Hall at the University of California, Berkeley.
- A southern California style beach complete with sunbathers, lifeguards,
surfers, and offroading SUVs.
- A large yard with pass through sidings, an intermodal loading platform,
and SCLTC's first working turntable and roundhouse!
- A train station the size of a small planet.
- Various new town structures and additional cool stuff.

Unfortunately, my photo pass didn't manage to capture every square foot of
the layout (some neat things on the layout aren't yet in the gallery), so
I'm hoping to add more pictures of the layout taken by other members of the
club (besides just me). So stay tuned.

Until then, enjoy the pictures and let us know what you think!

- Thomas Michon
Webmaster, SCLTC