 Trains / Train Organizations / SCLTC / 175
Re: SCLTC - Fullerton Railroad Days - May 3-4, 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 11 May 2003 04:27:37 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org.scltc, Thomas Michon writes:
I've noticed that when you post to a specific newsgroup, it filters up the
tree anyway, when you view it in LUGNET, and since some people complain
about cross-posting, I decided to trim my posts to .scltc and .announce.

I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong) it's better to err on the side of
posting to *more* newsgroups for an initial message (assuming the post is
appropriate to each newsgroup, of course), and then setting the follow ups to
*less* newsgroups (or to one).

I thought that people looking at lugnet.trains get everything from
lugnet.trains.org and the like.

Only true when using the web interface. I prefer using a newsreader most of
the time, and it only gives me groups I've specificially subscribed to.

Actually if you click the text that says "Layout Pictures" you will go to
the gallery rather than the specific image.

Duh... click words? Me want click pretty picture...

Here's a link directly to the gallery:
http://www.scltc.org/pages/galleries/images.asp?GalleryID={77DB88F9-3C26-4091-8094-754FB8AE7113}

Works for me! Again, magnificent layout, and really excellent pictures of it. I
wouldn't mind some advice from the photographer on how to get such great looking
shots of a layout.

Rick C.