 Announcements / 1916
  lsynthcp community development project setup on sourceforge

Hi, I'm happy to announce that lsynthcp, a synthesizer of bendable LEGO/LDraw parts, is now a project on sourceforge. This allows all who are able and motiviated to join in future development of lsynthcp. lsynthcp is an text based ANSI C program, (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce)

  RE: lsynthcp community development project setup on sourceforge

Kevin, Excellent idea. Using SourceForge will hopefully garner you some additional support and programming resources to allow you to further LSynth's development. When will LPub be moving to SourceForge? As an aside, I have been reviewing your new (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: lsynthcp community development project setup on sourceforge

Steven, Hopefully the sourceforge effort will also get some folks that can help me with the mathematical ins and outs of the effort. I contacted Michael about lsynthcp support in MLCAD, but he was already wrapping up the 3.0 release. I'm hoping that (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: lsynthcp community development project setup on sourceforge

(...) Maybe we can look forward to it in the next version. (...) LPub is just an amazing tool. I was not a fan of POV-Ray and the LP3 conversion tool to create documents. However, using LPub has encouraged me to begin creating many more (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: lsynthcp community development project setup on sourceforge

<snip> (...) Thanks Steven. Comments like this are highly motivating. When I started writing LPub, I'd only just heard of L3P, although I new of POV-Ray from way back. It has been quite a learning experience. (...) I learned a lot about L3P writing (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: lsynthcp community development project setup on sourceforge

(...) One last question; I am curious as to why you didn't include LP3AO as a "Power Tool?" This is another one of those no-brainers (creating a GUI for a command line program). Was it due to the timeline of your text? Steven (21 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: lsynthcp community development project setup on sourceforge

(...) I don't know about the math, but I do have a few thoughts after a quick peek at the sources. So how should we go about making changes? Discuss them here first, or just put them in CVS with an appropriate comment if we think they won't break (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: lsynthcp community development project setup on sourceforge

(...) I'd like to discuss changes before they are made, so I can keep track of new capabilities of the program. (...) Yes. I was trying to make lsynth not case sensitive when it came to recognizing keywords, but I don't like the fact that it changes (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: lsynthcp community development project setup on sourceforge

(...) Yeah, I thought so. Other options are copying the line before the strupper(), or using strnicmp() or strncasecmp() for the keyword test. The copy method is easier to do in a portable way. (...) I like the named parameters. That makes it easy (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: lsynthcp community development project setup on sourceforge

(...) What about getopt() style parameters, eg: -f foo.dat -l 20 -u cm --filename foo.dat --length 20 --units cm ROSCO (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: lsynthcp community development project setup on sourceforge

(...) Much better! I've been programming on Windows too much lately (isn't any amount too much? ;^) Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: lsynthcp community development project setup on sourceforge

(...) Whoah, wait a minute! I like getopt() as much as anyone, but I thought we were talking about something to go *inside* the file on the SYNTH BEGIN line(s), not necessarily on the command line. Units may be universal for all synthesized parts in (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: lsynthcp community development project setup on sourceforge

(...) ;^) Relax, we are talking about both on the command line that starts the program, as well as on the LDraw meta-commands that start synthesis of a specific part. Notice he said getopt() style parameters, not getopt() to get the parameters. (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: lsynthcp community development project setup on sourceforge

(...) I just completed Chapter 9 of your book and I think I answered my own question! Steven (21 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: lsynthcp community development project setup on sourceforge

Steven, I debated with myself about adding L3PAO, because it certainly has had a positive effect for people who don't like command lines (and even for some of those that do). LPub has all the capabilities of L3PAO plus a *lot* more, so I felt like (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Agreed! -- Steven B. Combs, Publisher Bricks in my Pocket (BimP) (URL) Submission Information: (URL) member #414 "Kevin Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H92o80.D83@lugnet.com... (...) question! (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: lsynthcp community development project setup on sourceforge

Agreed! -- Steven B. Combs, Publisher Bricks in my Pocket (BimP) (URL) Submission Information: (URL) member #414 "Kevin Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H92o80.D83@lugnet.com... (...) question! (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: lsynthcp community development project setup on sourceforge

(...) I couldn't find it anywhere in this thread, so the project page is here: (URL) on the Browse CVS link near the bottom to view the source code. The homepage is here: (URL) just to test things out a bit, I logged into the sourceforge compile (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: lsynthcp community development project setup on sourceforge

(...) Don, I look forward to figuring this one out, but since it was not immediately obvious to me how to use it, I put it aside for now. (Just too much crap going on at the moment.) Thanks for bringing it to the Mac. Chris (21 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)