 CAD / Development / 8245
Re: lsynthcp community development project setup on sourceforge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 16:25:27 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Kevin Clague writes:
I don't think main() should do the fputs() on the uppercased line.
Remember the thread here about not making unnecessary changes to the
files.

  Yes. I was trying to make lsynth not case sensitive when it came to
recognizing keywords, but I don't like the fact that it changes every line.

Yeah, I thought so.  Other options are copying the line before the
strupper(), or using strnicmp() or strncasecmp() for the keyword test.
The copy method is easier to do in a portable way.

Perhaps there could be an option to only dump the SYNTH portions, and
dump them to separate files based on an optional FILENAME at the end of
the SYNTH BEGIN line.

This sounds good.  We need to be careful about how we describe optional
parameters though.  I know we want to add a length parameter, now filename,
and I'm sure there will be others.  I think that positional parameters may
be a real hassle.  How do you feel about named parameters
(FILENAME="foo.dat", LENGTH=20, UNITS=CM)?

I like the named parameters.  That makes it easy to add new ones and
be able to ignore them in older versions of lsynthcp.

Don