 CAD / Development / 8243
Re: lsynthcp community development project setup on sourceforge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 15:53:25 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Kevin Clague writes:
Hopefully the sourceforge effort will also get some folks that can help me
with the mathematical ins and outs of the effort.

I don't know about the math, but I do have a few thoughts after a quick
peek at the sources.  So how should we go about making changes?  Discuss
them here first, or just put them in CVS with an appropriate comment if
we think they won't break anything.

I contacted Michael about lsynthcp support in MLCAD, but he was already
wrapping up the 3.0 release.  I'm hoping that he integrates it in a future
release.  The core synthesizer is actually a command line program, making it
easier to integrate into MLCAD than if it were GUI based.

I don't know about MLCAD, but most of my current ideas relate to making
it easier to integrate lsynthcp into other stuff.

  I don't think main() should do the fputs() on the uppercased line.
  Remember the thread here about not making unnecessary changes to the
  files.

  Perhaps there could be an option to only dump the SYNTH portions, and
  dump them to separate files based on an optional FILENAME at the end of
  the SYNTH BEGIN line.

  Optionally read from stdin, write to stdout so it can be used as a pipe.

I'm not sure yet when I will move LPub to sourceforge, but it will most
likely end up there.

You might also want to think about putting the installer program there.

Don