 Announcements / *1202 (-100)
  US S@H Specials, Mar 14 - Mar 20, 2001

(URL) ChooChoo Train $19.99 $10.00 2593 Baby Mickey Stack and Learn $ 9.99 $ 7.50 2815 My First Bike $ 3.99 $ 2.00 2864 Animal Friends $11.99 $ 6.00 System 6977 Arachnoid Starbase $79.99 $59.00 Bellville Scala 3144 Horse Stable/Wilderness Waterstop (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce.lsahs, lugnet.market.shopping)

  MOC: 61001 - Heavy Scooper

Hey all... Here's a little set I made a couple of weeks ago. It's based on some of the core elements of the 6474, but it clocks in at about 180 pieces (almost 4 times the 6474's count). 61001 - Heavy Scooper (URL) model features a much more solid (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce)

  BLOC Membership Offer

Due to some privacy concerns and vanished emails, I'm requesting that anyone who'd like to be listed as a member of the Buckeye LEGO Owner's Club email me. Thanks, Gino A. Melone webmaster@bloconline.org gmelone@bloconline.org (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.bloc, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.announce)

  Pictures from BLOC meeting in Cleveland, March 10, 2001

Well, we were SUPPOSED to Brik War, but nobody really felt like it. So we built instead! My Pictures: (URL) Pictures: (URL) built the yellow / black / trans blue tower and the monorail car. Adrian built the trans green and black tower. I built the (...) (24 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.bloc, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle)

  My Lego Video Page

Very short lego videos, hope you enjoy. (URL) you make lego videos for the web, please join the lego video webring at that page. I'm new to Lugnet, so if people who do lego video have a hangout here... please let me know :-) Scott. (24 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce) !

  Soaking Wet

As a tribute to my favorite theme, I've created Soaking Wet, a guide to Aquazone MOCs and information. (URL) will attempt to update the page with each announcement of new MOCs or aquazone sites. Please have a look. If you would like to be added to (...) (24 years ago, 10-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.publish) !

  Contest Info and IP Address change

howD all, my site Et in Arcadia Lego has changed to (URL) update your bookmarks also, info about my contest as well as the original post i posted to lugnet have been added to the "News" page thx much -paul (24 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.underground)

  New LUG

Well, BLOC is now more or less official. The Buckeye LEGO Owner's Club would like to announce (URL) BTW, Todd, I guess this means we want a LUG group. Thanks, Gino A... (24 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.oh) !

  One more scanned ad from 1961 uploaded

Today, I recieved the final missing issues of the Swedish Disney Comics of year 1961. There was one more LEGO ad so I scanned it and uploaded to brickshelf. (URL) revolutionary: * Basic set * Aeroplane * Boat(-s?) * Town Plan * Accessory sets 218, (...) (24 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.announce.brickshelf, lugnet.general)

  BLOC gathering to BrikWar! (March 10) Come Join the Battle!

The Cleveland area members of BLOC are gathering again on March 10, this time to BrikWars! The meeting will be at my house, starting around 1:00pm (these gatherings never start on time, we just blame it on Gino). If you need directions to my house, (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general) !

  Et in Arcadia Lego Non-Violent Minifig Space MOC Contest

howD all, i've decided to host a contest :-) this is my first one and so i've drawn up this post directly from Mark's contest last august. so here goes: ---...--- Et in Arcadia Lego Non-Violent Minifig Space MOC Contest ---...--- With all the (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  US S@H Specials, Mar 07 - Mar 13, 2001

(URL) Storage Bee $ 9.99 $ 5.00 2098 Tugboat Tommy $ 9.99 $ 5.00 2107 My Turtle Friend $24.99 $15.00 2811 Light and Sound Rescue Center $49.99 $25.00 2198 3 Building Plates $ 6.99 $ 3.50 System 3411 Blue Soccer Bus $19.99 $15.99 Bellville Scala 3136 (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce.lsahs, lugnet.market.shopping)

  BrickFest 2001

The Washington DC Area Lego Users Group would like to announce BrickFest 2001. What: BrickFest 2001 When: July 13-15, 2001 Where: Washington DC, USA (Arlington, VA) Web : (URL) to expect: mindstorms demos and competitions, brikwars, pirate wars, (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.org, lugnet.fun, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.loc.us.dc, lugnet.loc.us.md) !!

  NEW Doctor Who Lego - The 8th Doctor

www.multiboard.com/~marlon Just updated my Lego page with my rendition of the 8th Doctor, Paul McGann. Don't forget to check out my AC-DC Lego, Star Wars Wrestling Movie, Lego Guitar and more! (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce)

  LUGCO - New LUG for Central Oklahoma area.

Hello, I'm here to announce the formation of a new LUG in the Central Oklahoma area. LUGCO - Lego Users Group of Central Oklahoma Currently we are only a handful of members strong, but are actively seeking more members. Membership is free and open (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce) !

  Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

I'd like to kick off a discussion about the current state of the newsgroup structure here -- missing groups, unnecessary, groups, annoyingly or confusingly named groups, etc. The goal of this discussion is to come away with a list of practical (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.terms, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.off-topic.debate) !!

  New newsgroup for LEGO sightings/appearances in the media

We're pleased to announce the creation of a new discussion area for sightings of the LEGO Company, its products, and the community in the media (TV, movies, print media, etc.). Any time you see LEGO mentioned in the media (anywhere worldwide), feel (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.publish, lugnet.announce) !

  Mega-Bloks (Ritvik) is watching

Just thought I'd pass this along... Someone wrote today and mentioned that they'd recently got a job with Mega Bloks (Ritvik Holdings, Inc.) as a model builder. They were asking if they needed to modify their posting sig to note this fact. I said (...) (24 years ago, 4-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.terms, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands) !

  64 1/2 Ford Mustang Convertible

Here's the link to a 64 1/2 Ford Mustang Convertible I made a few weeks ago. It's been up at Brickshelf for a while, but I just got around to posting it here. It's my first (and only, as of now) attempt at building a car. Enjoy, and LMKWYT. link: (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.modelteam) !

  Keppler Industries back online with no more ads + a new MOC!

My site at mediaone is back online, so if you refused to visit back when I had it up temporairly on a free server with ads, now's the time to visit! I made a new MOC to celebrate the occasion! The R-406 Dasher, a small, agile atmospheric racer: (URL) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish)

  Marlons Lego Page Take 2

Doh! I really am not having a good day! The url is: www.multiboard.com/~marlon Sorry! I was dropped on my head alot when I was a kid! Marlon (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce)

  Introducing Marlons Lego Page!

I'd just like to introduce my Lego Page! It includes Doctor Who, AC-DC, Star Wars, 007, a Lego Guitar, and Stompin' Tom Connors Lego, with more on the way! (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce)

  March 2001 ldraw.org MOTM winner

Ryan Dennett races to a win... A second win of the MOTM goes to Ryan and his "Corvette Country Road". And for the second month, the winner is an auto-themed entry - how interesting. (URL) Terry K -- (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  New newsgroup lugnet.build.ancient

lugnet.build.ancient has also now been added. New info below... (...) -> lugnet.build.ancient (group): Ancient settings: creations, ideas, architecture, peoples, history, etc. (...) news://lugnet.com/lu...ld.ancient or (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.announce)

  CLSotW Nomination for The ABC Showcase

In case anyone had tried to visit my web site by way of the Cool LEGO Site of the Week page and was frustrated by the bad link there (yet again), the correct address for The Animated Brick Company Showcase is: (URL) previously announced, Episode 5: (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.animation)

  MOC: Tower crane

Hi all, Here's my latest technic creation a tower crane. Yeah, I know there's been a lot of cranes lately, but here it is anyway: www.lugnet.com/~469/...towercrane Enjoy! ROSCO I've set follow-ups to .general, .technic, .loc.au - please trim as (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.au)

  Town building contest voting open again - registration info

So, I got some of my pending real life stuff off my plate and it's time to get the voting moving again. Thanks to everyone who posted here and emailed me with suggestions - they were read, marked, learned and inwardly digested :-) and this is the (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.contests) !

  US S@H Specials, Feb 28 - Mar 06, 2001

(URL) Choochoo Train $19.99 $10.00 2740 Level Crossing $ 9.99 $ 5.00 2830 Forest Friends Strawberries $ 9.99 $ 5.00 2436 Tribal Village $34.99 $17.50 System 4283 Classic Starter Set $ 3.99 $ 2.00 Bellville Scala Technic 5291 Liftarms and Triangles $ (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce.lsahs, lugnet.market.shopping)

  New Web site

Good morning to all, I finally have a web site in some semblance of a site. Most of the content is in the castle branch of the site. I worked with Any Krug from Kansas, I live in Minnesota, to build a world called The Land of SparrowHawk. There are (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce)

  Marsbase update...new mecha

Posting in a few different places...followups to build.mecha. There is a new mecha on Marsbase. Check out: (URL) be aware if you view the gallery pics, they are each +200k. Thanks, Ben (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.announce, lugnet.space)

  LEGO STARWARS SITE IN DISNEY ADVENTURES MAGAZINE!

Disney Adventures magizine had a short paragraph in their Technomania section about a lego starwars sight with about 180 re-created scenes, all made with legos! The site is (URL) . The exclimation point may not be part of the adress (I havent gone (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce)

  Saint Louis Train/Users Group

Anyone in the Saint Louis area interested in starting a LTC or a LUG? I have been trying to start one but have not been very successful. There were two of us, but the other had to drop out. The only things we have done are to get a name CMLUG (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.loc.us.mo.stl) !

  8 wide '69 Dodge Charger

I couldn't resist :) Once I had an idea for the front grill, I couldn't leave it at that, so I finished the car instead of working on my spaceliner. As always, please LMKWYT! Please rate the model and let me know if there are some other views you (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.modelteam) !!

  How to make a Palm VII case out of Lego!!!

Just saw this in March 2001 Pen Computing magazine. Tijer Tsou, a clothing designer, has created a Lego case for her Palm VII PDA. You can see it at (URL) The case is 100% Lego elements. All external buttons work, and the antenna retracts. It's not (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build) !

  LEGO Cool Kids - looking for innovative kids

My name is Ari Vena and I am an associate producer with LEGO Direct. Recently we launched Cool Kids, an area of LEGO.com featuring kids (8-14years old)who are making great strides in their particular talents or areas of interest, whether they be (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general)

  March 2001 ldraw.org MOTM voting

Here goes, (URL) out and vote.... -- Terry K -- (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Pictures from my trip to Legoland, Billund 2000

Better late than never... :o) (URL) Legoland, Billund, there were many huge, impressive creations. But with the cheap, one-time camera I bought at the park - I had decided not to have any camera, but changed my mind when I got there - I decided to (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: Keppler Industries/High Velocity LEGO down until March 1

I finished mirroring my site to tripod. Like the page says, some links at the bottom of some pages don't work, but you should still be able to find your way around. I'm sorry about the banners, but this is temporary... URL: (URL) Velocity (...) (24 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.announce, lugnet.space)

  One Full-Size Lego Darth Vader SOLD!!!!!

Hi everyone! I thought this was kind of interesting so I'm posting it. Some of you may remember when I posted a message saying I could get a FULL SIZE Lego Darth Vader. You may also remember that there were only 3 in the world and each going for (...) (24 years ago, 22-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: LEGO on TV (Was:Re: The Kujawa Tower)

(...) Have any other LUGNET member creations been on TV before??? (24 years ago, 22-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce)

  Keppler Industries/High Velocity LEGO down until March 1

Quote: "Dear MediaOne Express Customer, Your web hosting area at /kindustries/ is allotted 262144000 bytes of bandwidth. You are currently over this limit. Your web site has been turned off and will be re-activated at the beginning of next month. If (...) (24 years ago, 22-Feb-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.publish, lugnet.announce)

  US S@H Specials, Feb 20 - Feb 27, 2001

(URL) Dinosaur Babies $ 9.99 $ 5.00 2108 Perky Paddler $ 8.99 $ 4.50 System 6919 Planetary Prowler $39.99 $29.00 3051 Blaze Attack $14.99 $12.00 2152 RoboRaptor $22.00 $11.00 3411 Blue Bus w/ soccer ball $19.99 $15.99 Bellville Scala 3136 Male (...) (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce.lsahs, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Town contest voting temporarily closed

We have another "spike" problem, this time even more blatant, on Ahui Herrera's A&M Train Station. Between last night and this morning, more than 30 votes were cast for this model (out of less than 40 total cast) in all the special categories. (...) (24 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.contests)

  Town Building Contest - voting

Well, we had a "blip" in the voting process but I'm satisfied that it was caused by a misunderstanding rather than an intent to cheat. Since at this point only about 40 people have voted I think once everyone who entered, and lots (I hope) of (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.contests)

  Town building contest voting - possible problem

Unfortunately, it looks as if someone is stuffing the voting already. Would people who have already voted, email me and say how they voted, especially in the Fire Apparatus, Small Buildings, and Best Use of Color categories, to give me a bit of a (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.contests)

  Town Building Contest: Voting now open

NOTE: I have moved some entries into new categories in order to make the numbers more manageable. The super-scale cars are now together in what was "Macro Scale". Small Vehicles has been broken up into Fire Apparatus (along with a couple of 8-wides (...) (24 years ago, 18-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains) !

  LDraw.org Official Model Repository Standards

Ok, I have made some changes to the OMR Standards based on the feedback that has been given. If there is no major objections than this is how the Standard will remain, but as always feedback is nescessary for things to work well. I think that most (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Town contest entries now closed - Voting begins Feb 18th

At close of entries last night, this is what we have: Town Layout (13) Diorama (13) Large building (31) Medium building (36) Small building (30) Small vehicles (61) Large vehicles (37) Small Aircraft (13) Large Aircraft (10) Small Boats/ships (4) (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains) !

  Last day for entries in Town Building Contest

Entries need to be in by midnight PST tonight! Send them by email please, I don't want to miss any postings by accident: for more details, check the contest page at (URL) Lego Kits & Custom models: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Lego auctions: (URL) (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  More Pre-Announcement Specials!

All, I just heard that we have found a few more things in the US warehouse. These are phone specials only. 6560 Diving Expedition Explorer $69.99 6706 Frontier Patrol $5.99 6748 Boulder Cliff Canyon $39.99 Good Luck!! Jake --- Jake McKee Sr. (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce.lsahs) !

  US S@H Specials, Feb 14 - Feb 20, 2001

(URL) Storage Bee $ 9.99 $ 5.00 2017 Choochoo Train $19.99 $10.00 2030 Squirt the Frog $ 3.99 $ 2.00 2108 Perky Paddle $ 8.99 $ 4.50 System 3411 Blue Bus w/ soccer ball $19.99 $15.99 2152 Robo Raptor $22.00 $11.00 5277 Pulleys and Rubber Belts $ (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce.lsahs, lugnet.market.shopping)

  New FTX page of Plasticity

Several rations of midnight oil are spent, but I finally finished documenting my new town layout for Kevin Wilson's Town building contest: (URL) - Andreas Stabno (Category: Town Layout) A smiling community with a little something for everyone. Come (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.publish) !

  New Poll

I just updated the BrickShelf poll (finally). The new question is: Do you think LEGO Direct is helping LEGO fans? (URL) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce.brickshelf, lugnet.lego.direct)

  The BlockCAD Gallery has been updated!

The BlockCAD Gallery has finally been updated again, with more pictures of models made by BlockCAD users all around the globe. The pages has also been reorganized a bit, so anyone keeping a link to the old page should update it: (URL) personal (...) (24 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce)

  Six Entries for Town Contest

My entries for Kevin Wilson's Town building contest. (URL) Oli's Italian Restaurant - Mark Chan (Category: Small Building) Ms. Oli's Italian Restaurant features fine dining in a casual, yet romantic atmosphere. Try our brick oven pizza, homeade (...) (24 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.town) !

  Town building contest: getting close to the wire - please check entries already entered

Just reminding everyone that the last entry date for the Town building contest is Feb 15th (specifically, midnight PST on that day). Please, email me rather than posting to the newsgroup (it's much more certain that I'll get your entry) and give me (...) (24 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.contests) !

  Technic Tank Treads/Coveyer belt!

if you are looking for technic tank treads/coveyer belts go here: ( (URL) ), copy and paste whats in between the ()'s, just make sure you get it all! The shipping is a little steep ($6), so it may be good to order more than one set. Josh (24 years ago, 11-Feb-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.announce, lugnet.dacta, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town)

  [rtlToronto] Less than a week to rtlToronto7, The Plastic Dust is Normal

rtlToronto 7: The Plastic Dust is Normal! Saturday February 17th, 2001, 10AM Competitors, 1PM Audience Lillian H Smith Branch, Toronto Public Library 239 College St, Toronto. Just west of St George and east of Spadina. Hi folks, Only one week left (...) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events)

  6769 Fort Legoredo on sale at Shop At Home!!

Great News! I just wanted to pass on some good news. I was just told that we have 86 6769 Fort Legoredo sets in stock at Shop at Home! As a service to the LUGNET community, I wanted to announce this here first in order to give you all first crack at (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.announce) !!

  US LSAHS Shop at Home Specials, Feb. 7 - Feb. 13, 2001

Duplo 2968 Action Wheelers Rescue Base $19.99 $10.00 Primo 2108 Perky Paddler $ 8.99 $ 4.50 System 6977 Arachnoid Star Base $79.99 $59.00 Scala 3136 Christian the doll $ 7.99 $ 4.00 Technic/Mindstorms 5291 Liftarms and Triangles $ 2.99 $ 1.50 8269 (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce.lsahs, lugnet.market.shopping)

  US S@H Specials, Feb 7 - Feb 13, 2001

(URL) Peekaboo Playmat $24.99 $12.50 2108 Perky Paddle $ 8.99 $ 4.50 2827 Strawberry Festival $24.99 $18.75 2968 Animal Safari $19.99 $10.00 System 6977 Arachnoid Starbase $79.99 $59.00 Scala 3136 Male Christian Doll $ 7.99 $ 4.00 Bellville (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce.lsahs, lugnet.market.shopping)

  The Animated Brick Co. Showcase Presents...

The Animated Brick Company Showcase is happy to announce that “Episode 5: The SuperNerds” is now being broadcast at the web site. This episode of the Showcase features, along with a new opening title sequence, the following four LEGO stop motion (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce)

  Republish of the Guild of Bricksmiths(tm) Site

With the changes in LEGO(r) Direct blowing in the wind, and with recent (and future) Guild model announcements as a backdrop, The Guild of Bricksmiths(tm) is pleased to announce that we have reorganized, streamlined, and expanded our site. (URL) (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade) !

  New groups for new LEGO games/software Alpha Team, Stunt Rally, My Style

(...) Just now also added Alpha Team, Stunt Rally, and My Style. (URL) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.games, lugnet.announce)

  Town Building contest update - ends Feb 15th

Well, here we are with 11 days to go until entries close on Feb 15th! Right now we have 155 entries in total! We could still do with some more Dioramas, boats and ships of all sizes, and microfig scale models. There are NO macro-scale model entries (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.contests)

  "Lego's online dream" -- feature article in UK Guardian Unlimited newspaper

(...) Chloe's article appeared Thursday. Here's a link to the online version: (URL) in the article: Douglas Coupland, Microserfs, Microsoft, Xbox, Harry Potter, LEGOLAND theme parks, Danielle Hainauer, Star Wars, Steven Spielberg, INmotion, Johnson (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.announce) !!

  LCAD/LDraw.org Formal Organization

There's been occasional discussion about formalizing the LEGO-style CAD fan organization. Although an informal organization usually serves us pretty well, there are some things an informal group can not do, such as deal well with keeping a treasury, (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce) !!

  LDraw MOTM winner for February 2001

Wow, This was a *close* one. Tim, biting his nails over the outcome, has been needling me to count the votes and resolve which one is the winner. He will be happy to know that this months winner is Amnon Silverstein and his scene "Hot Rod Race". (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  New organization: Mutual Aid Assosciation of Lego Fire Departments

Good evening, I am posting this per request of Shane Brunazzi on behalf of the new group formed for those who create firefighting apparatus using Lego. The group's name is Mutual Aid Assosciation of Lego Fire Departments, or MAALFD for short. There (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.town) !

  New newsgroups for LEGO Technic Slizer/ThrowBots, RoboRiders, and Bionicle

Three new subgroups of lugnet.technic have just been created -- one for each of Slizer (a.k.a. ThrowBots), RoboRiders, and Bionicle. CHARTER/PURPOSE ===...=== lugnet.technic (group and hierarchy): LEGO TECHNIC®: products (information, opinions, (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.technic)

  US S@H Specials, Jan 31 - Feb 6, 2001

(URL) Action Wheelers Rescue Base $49.99 $37.50 2030 Squirt The Frog $ 3.99 $ 2.00 2803 Dinosaur Babies $ 9.99 $ 5.00 System 6327 Turbo Champs $ 9.99 $ 4.00 6459 Fuel Truck $14.99 $ 7.50 Scala 3132 Emma the doll $ 7.99 $ 4.00 Bellville 5387 Beach (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.announce.lsahs, lugnet.market.shopping)

  10 wide AM General HMMWV MOC

For everyone who wanted to see a Humvee instead of a Hummer, I've modified the original quite a bit to create a military vehicle that looks a lot less tame than the civilian model. As always, please LMKWYT and feel free to use the rating form on the (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.modelteam) !

  1957 Chevy Corvette pics

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I've posted anything at all so I figured I'd announce my latest project. I recently finished an 8-wide '57 'Vette. I have quite a few renderings of different styles of the car on my Brickshelf page. See (URL) car (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Jambalaya Mini-junk box #1 - New Idea for Jambalaya

Ok, having just came up with a new idea for a junk box, I'm getting ready to start a new one. This will be a small box which should just cost a buck or two to ship. What I'm looking for in people to sign up is: + 0-3 (1) people who have a few parts (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.announce)

  Acronym FAQ Update - links to sets, "play themes" and "lego lines"

Hi everyone, I just updated the LEGO Acronym FAQ: (URL) free to visit, bookmark it if you'd like, and of course comment if there's anything to comment about. I added links directly to all sets and themes mentioned. -Shiri P.S. I'm not quite so sure (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.announce) !!

  www.brickset.com rehosted

Brickset has been rehosted, onto a server in the US, which should mean it is quicker for those in the US, as well as being more reliable. I have personally been experiencing some DNS errors connecting to it today, but that might be because the (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish)

  Ohioans build giant green arch and working ferris wheel!

Come see the picture from our latest gathering in Northeast Ohio: (URL) old classic sets are Adrian's The cool bug is Gino's The idea for the arch was Gino's, and the large arch was built by Gino and Adrian. The smaller arch was built by Eric. The (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.oh) !

  MOC: Brick mixer

You will find the Brick mixer at (URL) device reads a value on a card, then an arm places colored bricks picked from four feeders on a conveyor belt, ordered according the value read. You will find here photos, films, code and full building (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics) !

  More Dinosaur Instructions now online!

NEW Allosaur head with biting action- (URL) for those who haven't seen it- (URL) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce) !

  10 wide Hummer MOC

I've put the photos up on my redesigned website: (URL) slightly different from the one in the two pictures in my Brickshelf gallery, and there are of course many more pictures of it. Details include a winch, opening doors, 4 comfortable seats, (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.publish) !!

  MOTM voting for February

Salutations virtual brickheads, Voting for the ldraw.org MOTM is now up and running; (URL) intriguing variety this time 'round. -- Terry K -- (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  US S@H Specials, Jan 24 - Jan 30, 2001

(URL) Forest Friends $24.99 $18.75 2047 Water Play w/Fishing Net $14.99 $ 7.50 System 6324 Chopper Cop $ 2.99 $ 1.50 1194 Birthday Table $19.99 $10.00 8245 Robot's Revenge $29.99 $10.00 5277 Pulleys & Rubber Belts $ 3.29 $ 1.65 Scala 3110 Four (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.announce.lsahs, lugnet.market.shopping)

  "Lego-Bowl 2001" to take place in Cleveland, Ohio on January 27, 2001

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, It is once again time for all fans of the brick in the vicinity of Ohio to gather and play! In honor of that "other" event that will also be happening this weekend, I have cristened the event "Lego-Bowl 2001". Event Info: (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.oh.akr, lugnet.loc.us.oh.cin, lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, lugnet.loc.us.oh.day, lugnet.loc.us.oh.tol, lugnet.loc.us.oh.you, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general)

  [rtlToronto] rtlToronto 7 Event on February 17th, 2001

rtlToronto 7: The Plastic Dust is Normal! Saturday February 17th, 2001, 10AM Competitors, 1PM Audience Lillian H Smith Branch, Toronto Public Library 239 College St, Toronto. Just west of St George and east of Spadina. Hi folks, Only a month till (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Town building contest update

We're progressing well with entries for the Town building contest. There are many buildings and vehicles so far, but we could do with more entries in the large and small boats and ships, dioramas, structures, aircraft, microfig, and macro scale (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats)

  L3P v1.3 20010120

As you can read in "The motive to L3P" it was Lutz Uhlmann's LGEO library (or rather its incompleteness) that inspired me to get started in the LDRAW business. It resulted in my L3 (Lego+Ldraw+Lars) project, which has spun off L3P and L3Lab. The (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray) !!

  Re: Scheduled downtime 18 Jan 2001 for memory upgrade

(...) The memory upgrade is now complete -- although it wasn't 100% successful. The system's motherboard was reluctant to recognize any DIMMs in the 3rd slot, meaning we failed get to 768 MB and we are stuck with only 512 MB. It may be a faulty (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce)

  Re: Scheduled downtime 18 Jan 2001 for memory upgrade

(...) My apologies -- this didn't happen today as planned. My guy at the other end of the line (where the lugnet.com box is co-located) called in sick yesterday and today[1], so the upgrade is postponed. I'll post again when we have a new date and (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce)

  Buying lego FAQ updated - new questions and answers.

I've added a resource list of stores in Utah (thanks to Mike Quesnell), and 2 new sets of questions on buying on eBay and international buying (thanks to William Brumbach for the suggested questions). The updated version is now available at (URL) . (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.faq, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.theory)

  Instruction and Catalog scans

I'd like to remind everyone that uses the BrickShelf gallery that *complete* instruction and catalog scans do not belong in gallery folders. Uploading that material has always been a violation of the TOS. I'd like to explain some reasons for this: (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general) !

  Missing stickers

Not quite sure if this is the place for this posting, but here goes- i bought 2 ucs x-wings recently, one from TRU and one from e-toys (which has them for 50% off right now) and BOTH of them were missing the tech spec decal sheet! Does anyone know (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.announce)

  US S@H Specials, Jan 17 - Jan 23, 2001

(URL) Stop Rail Switch $ 4.99 $ 2.00 2107 Duplo My Turtle Friend $24.99 $20.00 System 6462 Aerial Recovery $24.99 $10.00 6327 Turbo Champs $ 9.99 $ 4.00 Scala Bellville 5387 Beach Accessories $ 2.99 $ 1.50 Technic Misc -- | Tom Stangl, Technical (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.announce.lsahs, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Online Ideas Page...

I've updated my page, and will be updating it multiple times today, I've decided to stick with the JPEG's for now, the GIF's turned out to be larger & slower loading. If a model has more then 10 steps it will get more then one page, with 10 steps (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.publish, lugnet.town, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.basic, lugnet.boats, lugnet.castle, lugnet.sports)

  Technic Aeroplane

Hi, My technic aeroplane can be viewed through the link on my LEGO page: (URL) has working extendible flaps, ailerons, rudder, elevators, joystick, and six cylinder rotary engine. There are also instructions for some of the features. As usual any (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.announce)

  New Online Ideas page!

I have started an online ideas page, with directions created with MLCAD. All ideas come with a full parts list, usually in order of use, and all pages are printable. To view this page go to: (URL) am also taking idea at shi_web@hotmail.com , and you (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.publish, lugnet.town, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.basic, lugnet.boats, lugnet.castle, lugnet.sports)

  Scheduled downtime 18 Jan 2001 for memory upgrade

On Thursday, 18 Jan 2001 at approximately 5:00 pm EST, lugnet.com will go offline briefly for a memory upgrade (adding another 640 MB of DRAM). This will involve shutting down the webservers and newsserver and physically powering down the machine. (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce)

  Gallery Content Search

I have just updated the gallery code again. The most significant change is the addition of a Gallery content search engine. It will search folder names, folder descriptions, file names and file captions (currently file captions are set to file (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.announce.brickshelf)

  New Crossword Puzzle: 003

Hi all, I've made another interactive crossword puzzle here at LUGNET. You'll notice by the clues that it's made with the LEGO enthusiast in mind. It runs in Java and has features for checking your puzzle as you go and for help filling in words that (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce) !

  Lego car!?!

You probably already know this, but Lego.com has info on a car called the "Inmotion or something". It is a car either designed or sponsered by lego. Go and check it out! NICK Will lego be a car company in 2001? (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.announce)

  8 wide Dodge Viper RT10

Got the windshield, so I took the pictures. (URL) (more to come, maybe): (URL) files: (URL) always, please LMKWYT! --Bram Bram Lambrecht bram@cwru.edu (URL) (24 years ago, 14-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.announce) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact