 Animation / 781
Re: Restart of LDA2001 Project (using LDraw models - L3P - POV)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 18:49:16 GMT

Hi!

You may want to check out this thread: http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=11148

You'll see that Mike tried a similar thing a while ago. I'm sure he was not
aware of your efforts.

Personally, I have my reservations. Making this mechanical somehow takes the
life from it. And isn't "animation" about bringing things to life? If you
were developing a way to import Ldraw models into Computer Graphics
software, and automatically add "bones" to them, leaving the animation to
the animator, then I'd be more enthusiastic - not that I'd use it, mind you!
I'm a stop-motion animator. But some people might be interested.

Yours,

Stefan.

P.S. I'm not too used to this follow-up business, but I think it's a good
idea to keep this around in .animation as well. Hopefully I did it right...