 Animation / 724
Re: New LDraw contest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.animation
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 01:08:30 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Orion Pobursky wrote:
Given the recent activity with animations, I've been toying with the idea of an
LDraw Animation of the XXX (where XXX is some specified time) contest.  I think
monthly is too short but how about quarterly or trimesterly?  Is there any
interest in this?

-Orion

There is another ongoing contest related to LDraw animation. Who will be the
first to set up a system for LDraw animating made really easy? I know at least
four different attempts, including my LDA2001. Maybe LD4D is the most promising
so far. But none of them seems flexible and modular enough to make it easy
enough to see the explosion of new animation a real breakthrough in
user-friendliness could initiate.

Two and a half years since I started out on LDA2001, and the dream, the vision
lives on, and grows...

/Tore