Re: New LDraw contest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 2004 23:35:07 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Miguel Agullo wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Orion Pobursky wrote:
Given the recent activity with animations, I've been toying with the idea of an
LDraw Animation of the XXX (where XXX is some specified time) contest.  I think
monthly is too short but how about quarterly or trimesterly?

Quarterly sounds pretty realistic. Bi-monthly would be better, but maybe too
optimistic. Depends on how many people out there think that they can contribute
... speak up, folks!

Quarterly sounds good to me too.

Since this has the potential to be really cool, and its not as often as once a
month, I wonder what the chance of getting people/companies to sponsor small
prizes (less than USD 50 value) for the winners? Does anyone have thoughts on
that?

-Tim