 Adventurers / 804
  Auctions cooling off?

Is it just me or are the lego auctions cooling off a little? I just bought Sphynx Secret Surprise for $24.99 and Mummy's Tomb for $14.00 from yahoo auctions. I felt that these were pretty good prices and I was the only bidder on both items. Am I (...) (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Auctions cooling off?

Howie, There seems to be an excess supply of discounted Adventurers sets at the moment. Auctions are still cranking out outrageous prices. Your fortune is a combination of using a less popular auction forum and the current supply of Adventurers (...) (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Auctions cooling off?

I too just got those Items at very low prices, I think that because you can hit most stores right now and pick the Egyptian sets on clearance, people are just getting them there instead of online. Wal-mart has the Big set, the Pahroahs Forbidden (...) (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Auctions cooling off?

Followups set to lugnet.market.theory. (...) I don't know about you, but I'm keeping my wallet in my pocket until I get a chance to see what Brad Justus' much-ballyhooed Lego Direct will be offering us... -- John J. Ladasky Jr., Ph.D. Department of (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Auctions cooling off?

(...) I'm sure it won't offer us all of the pieces in some large sets, and it sure as heck won't offer people overseas anything for a long while yet. I always accept foreign bids and my auctions, with only one exception, always have more than one (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Auctions cooling off?

(...) I'm just getting back into lego, and I have never heard of Lego Direct. Could you please share some details? :-) Howie. (24 years ago, 22-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Auctions cooling off?

(...) Both of those (and other Adventurers) sets have been sold at fairly good clearance prices lately both online and at b&m stores. I paid $14 for most of my 5958's but got some for $10. Never noticed the other set on deep clearance, but with a (...) (24 years ago, 22-Apr-00, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Auctions cooling off?

(...) Greetings, Howard, Welcome back to your old life. Do you wonder why you ever left? For more details on the upcoming Lego Direct service, please see this recent post from Lego VP Brad Justus: (URL) J. Ladasky Jr., Ph.D. Department of Structural (...) (24 years ago, 22-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Auctions cooling off?

(...) Thank you very much for the very interesting post. The service sounds very appealing to me. I can't wait to see it in action. Howie. (24 years ago, 23-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Auctions cooling off?

Sphynx' Secret Surprise was available on Walmart.com for $14 and later $9. I was able to pick up a few at that price myself. Lindsay Braun sold me a couple of Mummy's Tomb sets for $14 that he found during one of his many clearance sale finds, so (...) (24 years ago, 23-Apr-00, to lugnet.adventurers)