 Adventurers / 833
Re: Auctions cooling off?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Sun, 23 Apr 2000 04:29:57 GMT

Sphynx' Secret Surprise was available on Walmart.com for $14 and later $9.  I was
able to pick up a few at that price myself.  Lindsay Braun sold me a couple of
Mummy's Tomb sets for $14 that he found during one of his many clearance sale
finds, so other stores had these on sale as well for similar prices.

Toki

Mike Stanley wrote:

In lugnet.adventurers, Howard Aikins writes:
Is it just me or are the lego auctions cooling off a little?  I just bought
Sphynx Secret Surprise for $24.99 and Mummy's Tomb for $14.00 from yahoo
auctions.  I felt that these were pretty good prices and I was the only bidder
on both items.  Am I poorly informed, or are prices coming down?

Both of those (and other Adventurers) sets have been sold at fairly good
clearance prices lately both online and at b&m stores.  I paid $14 for most of
my 5958's but got some for $10.  Never noticed the other set on deep
clearance, but with a theme that doesn't offer much I'm looking for I tend to
not buy the largest sets.  I'd much rather pick up another 10x 6097 for $31.96
each.