 Adventurers / 1826
Re: MHoF : Harry Cane might be disqualified
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 08:45:35 GMT

Well, I would gladly encourage people to talk about the election of the MHoF and the candidates. I’ve posted many messages here to let people know about it and I am glad to see referrers to my site that I had never heard of before, some from Japan, others from France, etc. The problem I had with this particular case is that the Adventurers Minifigs are blindlessly pushed forward by some people that did cheat in the past to win previous elections. As I didn’t have then means in the past to controll it, I didn’t make a fuss about it. But now, I do have the means to find out who this person is and I’m decided to stop it.

As for the rest of your post, I guess there’s nothing wrond about letting some pressure off. I was flamed in the past after telling the story of my broken ISD (long story, never mind the details) so I understand that posts may sometime be harsher than they were intended. No harm done.

A part of the reaon why I do a big story about this is to show the community that I respect the MHoF and their votes. I want them to realize that I’m working on something of value here. I have the hope and pretention to thank that in a near future, the MHoF will be as recognized for the Minifigs as the Cool LEGO site of the Week was for AFOL websites. Most website that won this honor showed the lugnet button proudly, as the honor was a real one, a respected one. By trying to establish the credibility of the MHoF, I hope someday, the Minifigs in the MHoF will be special and that AFOL will want to have them all in their special collection, as many have started to do. I’ve received emails of fans telling me that I shouldn’t put Leia in the ballot because if she won, they wouldn’t be able to get her and their collection would be incomplete!

I now most people respect my effort. That’s mostly why I’m working hard on this. I wouldn’t do it if people didn’t care.

Terry