 Adventurers / 1814
MHoF : Harry Cane might be disqualified
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 04:41:23 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I'm asking the Adventurers fans and the MHoF fans to help me on this.  I'm
trying to stop a cheater that is mass-voting for Harry Cane.  If he/she doesn't
stop it, I'll have to disqualify the Adventurers series.

I know who this person is.  However, because I can't prove it without any doubt,
I will not say who this person is.  However, I will show the IP of this person:

9/1/2004 21:30 | Harry Cane | 63.154.72.56 ()
9/1/2004 21:33 | Harry Cane | 63.154.72.131 ()

10/1/2004 21:33 | Harry Cane | 63.154.72.41 ()
10/1/2004 21:38 | Harry Cane | 63.154.72.98 ()

11/1/2004 21:38 | Harry Cane | 63.154.72.5 ()
11/1/2004 21:43 | Harry Cane | 63.154.72.51 ()

As you can see, this person either disconnects and re-connects to have a
different IP or he/she changes computers.  I've repeatedly asked this person via
email to stop it and I've received no answer from this person. This person has
mass-voted for Johnny Thunder and King Kahuka in the past, so I'm tired of these
games.  If this persons truly wants to help the Adventurers Minifigs to get in
the MHoF, he/she should stop right away or I'll be obligated to disqualify Harry
Cane and every future Adventurers Minifigs.

Unfortunately, I fear this won't help.  This person has a webpage on which
he/she links to Minifigville telling people to vote for a specific Minifig (when
there are no Adventurers, he/she chooses another one).  This goas against the
spirit of the Minifig Hall of Fame.

Ultimately, I might be forced to stop the elections and find a better way to
select Minifigs who get in the MHoF.  Should it be a Lugnet Poll where cheating
would be very difficult or by naming the figs myself based on suggestions and
secret voting, but I prefer not doing that as the MHoF is before all a
community-based project.

I hope the cheater understands this and will stop at once.  I also ask this
person to remove any link to my website and any reference to it on his webpage.

Some of you might think I take this a little bit too seriously, but I am trying
to build something here with you all and I can't stand it if some cheating
lobbyist ruins it all for the sake of his/her favorite theme.  I'm working on
some other projects to make the MHoF a recognized award for Minifigs and this
doesn't help.  In fact, I consider this as a nuisance to the community.

Thank you for your help and understanding.

Terry
www.minifigville.com