 Adventurers / 1816
Re: MHoF : Harry Cane might be disqualified
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 19:00:33 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, James Wilson wrote:
   In lugnet.adventurers, Terry Prosper wrote:

This person has a webpage on which he/she links to Minifigville telling people to vote for a specific Minifig (when there are no Adventurers, he/she chooses another one). This goas against the spirit of the Minifig Hall of Fame.

Hey, nothing wrong with a little lobbying, is there? Electioneering is the American way. Personally, I like the good-spirited debates and taunting about which minifig should be put in that we’ve seen in the past (esp. between .Space and .Castle). But, only one vote per person.

The “american-way” isn’t MY way, as I’m neither American nor American-wannabe.

There is, mind you, something wrong about electioneering. The MHoF voting process should be a choice based on more than a “I-Like-This-Theme” factor. Systematically voting for a theme even if there are some minifigs of greater MHoF potential in the ballot is not the idea I want to vehiculate.

   Ultimately, I might be forced to stop the elections and find a better way >to select Minifigs who get in the MHoF. Should it be a Lugnet Poll where cheating would be very difficult

That’s the best way to prevent multiple votes. Unfortunately, this creates >a “poll tax” to vote, as you have to be a member to vote.

Indeed, that’s why I stopped using Lugnet in the first place. Anyway, I hope I can find a solution without “punishing” the honest people who vote seriously.

James Wilson
Dallas, TX

Terry-Montréal, Québec