 Adventurers / 1815
Re: MHoF : Harry Cane might be disqualified
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 15:59:19 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Terry Prosper wrote:

This person has a webpage on which he/she links to Minifigville telling people to vote for a specific Minifig (when there are no Adventurers, he/she chooses another one). This goas against the spirit of the Minifig Hall of Fame.

Hey, nothing wrong with a little lobbying, is there? Electioneering is the American way. Personally, I like the good-spirited debates and taunting about which minifig should be put in that we’ve seen in the past (esp. between .Space and .Castle). But, only one vote per person.

   Ultimately, I might be forced to stop the elections and find a better way to select Minifigs who get in the MHoF. Should it be a Lugnet Poll where cheating would be very difficult

That’s the best way to prevent multiple votes. Unfortunately, this creates a “poll tax” to vote, as you have to be a member to vote.

James Wilson
Dallas, TX