 Administrative / Terms of Use / 218
Re: Translation help wanted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 21:39:40 GMT

On Fri, 25 Aug 2000 20:03:23 GMT, "Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com>
wrote:

In lugnet.loc.it, Sergio Lorenzetti writes:
1) in the double-to-single byte conversion, your editor lost a character:
"così comè" should be "così com'è", with the apostrophe character AND the
accent on the "e";

OK, that's fixed.  Should it be changed in both places?  There was:

  viene fornito come un sistema di "salvataggio e inoltro" "così comè"

and

  Tutti questi documenti e immagini relative sono fornite così come sono,

I took a chance and changed them both to così com'è -- but please let me know
if that was incorrect!  I just took a guess.

Todd,
well... you guessed wrong, the second one is "così come" without both
accent and apostrophe.
Ciao.
Marco.
P.S. Just to continue "to split hairs"... isn't it better to remove
the "," before ", and Marco Beri". Ok, ok... someone will say that
it's better to remove whole ", and Marco Beri" as I just found some
mistakes and Sergio did all the work... ;-)