 Administrative / Terms of Use / 210
Re: The 2001 lineup (list on FBTB)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 12:26:32 GMT

In lugnet.admin.terms, Todd Lehman writes:

Basically what the LUGNET T&C refer to when they talk about infringing upon
other people's right is:  Go ahead and do what you feel is safe and morally
and legally right, but if you screw up and get caught with something that the
law would frown on, then game over.  Laws are changing every day, and whether
or not a given party objects to something is up to that party.  There's no
bow-tie answer here -- it's actually rather Libertarian, if I understand
Libertarianism w.r.t. this sort of thing:  You can do whatever you want, as
long as you don't hurt other people.  (And "hurt" can never be defined in
black and white terms, so that's why it's often wise to err on the safe side.)

Very close, which is close enough. As you say, it's the gray areas that are
hard, and sometimes there is no course of action from "here" to "there" that
is perfect and doesn't step on SOMEONE's toes.

++Lar

p.s.  IANAL and the above is not legal advice.
That disclaimer applies to me too.