 Administrative / Terms of Use / 201
Re: The 2001 lineup (list on FBTB)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 08:04:15 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

As I said before, *don't* take my word for it on something like this.  I am
not a lawyer.  GET yourself a lawyer if you plan to do gray-area stuff, or
ask LEGO to clarify exactly what they feel is OK and not OK, so that you know
whether you're violating their rights or not.  But don't expect a nice neat
answer with a bowtie either.

I would argue that their NON-action as to stating their intent/response/feelings
on the 2001 set info would make them lose their right to say SPIT about it
anymore.  They've had PLENTY of time to respond, and if their lawyers can't draft
something within HOURS sufficient for posting here, it's time to fire every last
one of them and hire a new bunch who are at least semi-competent.

I'm starting to lose major faith in TLG's hiring practices - they've obviously
slipped, shown by the quality of legal responses, PITIFUL website
design/building/response, non-existent copyright enforcement of 3rd party info,
etc, etc, etc (many others can fill in other examples here).

If Megablox quality were just 10-20% better, Lego would lose my sizable purchases
(I'm sure I easily equal 100 "average" Lego purchasers, if not many more)  in a
split second.  They have no clue anymore, they aren't listening, they are going to
bury themselves if they don't WAKE UP AND LISTEN TO THEIR CONSUMERS!

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/