 Administrative / Suggestions / 937
  Re: Lavender Brick Society

I KNOW I should duck out of this now, but I just can't resist not posting something. I'm going to regret it, I know. So... I am a Heterosexual Conservative Catholic. Do I think being gay is a sin? Yes. Do I have gay friends? Yes. Do I preach to gay (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org) !!

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I get the feeling I'm going to regret it too, having to sit through the eighty or ninety posts of people telling you that everyone's allowed to their own opinion as long as it's not to think being gay is a sin. (...) Now I have no opinion one (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org) !!

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) There is one really significant difference between Teddy's request and these ones you're making. His was genuine. Chris. (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Anthony Sava wrote: <snip> (...) Dem dar fighting words, Tony!! Dave K (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Who are you to judge whether or not Anthony's requests were genuine or not? The only person who is qualified to be the judge of that is Antony himself, right? Yes, I'm being sarcastic. -Tim (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Case in point;-D JOHN (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Wrong, Diet Coke simply consigns you to Purgatory for a while until you are thin and can go back to The Real Thing. Drinking New Coke (or Pepsi in any guise) is what condemns you to Hell (though The Lowest Pit of Hell is reserved for the (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Who's not being genuine? I've been begging for a .fantasy for YEARS. My dragons would fit better there than in .castle or .mecha. And I'd love to see a place where my catholic and conservative breathern could come together and discuss LEGO. (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) build.fantasy is a good idea. I would support it. I don't see why Teddy asking for a .people.lgbt is any less legitamate, thoa. Really, Lugnet grows in fits and spurts sometimes, so I guess if you asked before and it wasn't granted, you have a (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Hmmm. So what happens to people like me, who drink supermarket generic cola, non-caffienated, but with all the usual sugar? I'm just dying to know :-) Kevin (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I won't swear to it, but I think that puts you in the Pit of People Condemned to read Reader's Digest for All Eternity. If it didn't have any sugar in addition to being decaffienated, you'd simply be an atheist. -->Bruce<-- (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Oh well, no worries :-) Shocking thought it may be, I *like* Readers Digest. Anything with words on a page can't be all bad, right? It could have been worse. It could have been the same cornflake package for all eternity. At least with RD I (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I always liked my mother's succinct summation of Reader's Digest: premasticated literature. But I must admit, the Groucho Marx Dilemma would be woise (Help, help, let me out of here! At least throw me a magazine). Locked in a bathroom for (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Anthony Sava wrote: <snip> (...) I think Anthony has hit the nail on the head here. If you open the gate to create a group whose primary focus is not Lego but homosexuality and therefore off-topic, you will have to allow (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) <SNIP> (...) I knew someone would have a problem if someone wanted equal treatment and said then we better have a heterosexual Lego user group. I wonder why Alfred has no qualms about asking the heterosexual person if their group is really (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Oh, well then you get sent to the Pit of People Condemned to Read "As I Lay Dying", Chapter 19. *shudder* (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I get it. You clearly didn't read what I said. You _might_ be right. There _might_ be people interested in such a hetero discussion group. But why would you assume a group is needed just because a homosexual group is asked for? Neither of you (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

Nope, what I was saying is that your own preconceived biases made you assume that someone asking for a hetero group at this present time was doing so 'to get even/keep up with the homosexual Joneses' rather than it being a legitimate request. You (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  .fantasy group?

(...) Okay, leaving aside the blathering in the main thread, I just wanted to see what people thought about this. Since most of my castle creations technically are fantasy (being Tolkien-themed), such a forum would directly impact me. Personally I (...) (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) What about that Diet Coke with Lime? I like that quite a bit. Is there a particular circle reserved for me? Also, when I was in San Francisco (hmm, does this tie in?) I found Diet Coke with Lemon. Oddly I haven't seen this anywhere else. Do (...) (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Does it matter? The only one that gets you any positive special treatment in the afterlife is Barq's root beer, the only carbonated beverage that's good enough to say so on the label. It's also the only caffeinated root beer that I've ever (...) (20 years ago, 22-Sep-04, to lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: coke, dike coke, lemon coke, root beer

(...) But part of why I like Root Beer is because it normally has no caffeine. (20 years ago, 22-Sep-04, to lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I like Barq's, but I tend to have troubles with barking spiders after drinking it... Frank (20 years ago, 23-Sep-04, to lugnet.fun.community)