 Administrative / NNTP / 947
Re: newsticker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 05:14:50 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Jon Palmer wrote:
\> Its not a profesional job but I replaced the Search bar (which I never
used)
with the Lugnet Ticker.  I just went into the registry and did some minor
hacking and replaced the default search page/bar addresses in a few • places.
I then made a .reg file that makes all the changes, and another that
restores the default search settings. Works great now and looks almost
identical to the Netscape version.

I have Win ME w/ IE6 if you're curious.

would it work with IE5?  if so, send me the reg, I'll add it to the page :)
maybe a screenshot?

Dan