 Administrative / NNTP / 941
Re: newsticker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 09:56:09 GMT

"Dan Boger" <dan@peeron.com> wrote in message
news:200111191834.fAJIYMP24198@localhost.localdomain...
Dunno if anyone will be interested in this, but I wrote a small newsticker
app:

  http://peeron.com/newsticker.html

I's designed as a netscape6/mozilla sidebar, but can work on any browser -
if you cannot use sidebars, it'll just pop up as a new window.

I was going to create something to allow this to work as an IE explorer bar
too, but after reading the instructions on how to create one I've decided
that it's just too much effort - maybe in IE7 MS will pick up on this idea
from Mozilla and make it easy to create an explorer bar instead of requiring
a computer science degree! If anyone is interested at having a shot at this
take a look at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/browser/ext/tuto
rials/explorer.asp  - and then shake your head in disbelief at how difficult
MS can make just adding something to IE.

Dan