 Administrative / NNTP / 866 (-10)
  Re: A possible enhancement idea

(...) That would be cool. It would require keeping an index of yet-unconfirmed articles on a person-by-person basis (it doesn't currently track this) and just including that, or looking it up on-the-fly based on one of them. (...) I think it's (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: E-mail authentication during posting

I think policy makes sense. - Marc Cook (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Email Authentication - Why not make it optional?

(...) Normally I use the web interface (for over a year now), but I have the NNTP still set up in Navigator, so I gave it a test shot. 1) Open 'lugnet.com' in NS/Messenger window 2) Try to add 'lugnet.off-topic.test', then realize that I already had (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general)

  Re: Email Authentication - Why not make it optional?

Hello Ross, hello everybody, (...) Yes, even if you may not like this concept. It has always been that way. Look at how many regulations you have to follow in your life outside the 'net. Most of those are only necessary, because there are also some (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Email Authentication - Why not make it optional?

Hello Larry, hello everybody, (...) Let me first thank you for being one of those guys who try to keep a fair eye on all sides - Tood's, who continues to volunteer and make LUGNET an ever better place to be. - The Web Interface users, who, indeed, (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: E-mail authentication during posting

Hello Todd, hello everybody, (...) ^^^...^^^ Or if someone is using Outlook Express, which unfortunately defaults to email response when hitting "reply" in the toolbar ... :-( I have been following the discussion about inline authentication for a (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Email Authentication - Why not make it optional?

(...) I'm comfortable with *suggesting* that you switch. I don't see "should consider" as a sweeping statment that is dictating anything to you or not. You know what? I participate in a LOT of communities that *only* offer a web interface. People (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general)

  Re: Email Authentication - Why not make it optional?

(...) Well, it took only 12 minutes to send a post, wait for email, click, and wait to see if the post made it... AndersI (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general)

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> skrev i meddelandet news:GF7qJ4.6BM@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) Perhaps the (logged in) ones using the web interface should keep quite a while, to give the mail and NNTP (and slow modems in general) users (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general)

  Re: Email Authentication - Why not make it optional?

(...) But still - for me it seems simply to verify the password, username, and the name email to what lugnet have in databases. Sonnich (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.nntp)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact