 Administrative / NNTP / 171
  Help: Leading Spaces?

G'day Todd, Over the past week or so I'd sent a couple messages your way regarding an intermittent posting problem using the web interface. I hadn't received a reply, but I guess you've been sick/busy. But anyhow, I have since been able to get a (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Help: Leading Spaces?

(...) When you say "intermittent," do you mean that it happens sometimes but not all the time? What do you mean by "leading spaces"? Do you mean lines that begin with space characters (i.e., ASCII #32) or do you mean whole blank lines? About how (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Help: Leading Spaces?

(...) No. When I first emailed you I couldn't define the problem, so it seemed intermittent. Once I figured out the cause (the leading spaces) it became repeatable. (...) The former. (...) A single space will cause the problem. More than one have (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Help: Leading Spaces?

(...) Do you mean that when your list items were indented, like this, for example: 4) Wait some amount of time, at least a few minutes. that your browser locked up when you clicked the "Post" button, but then when you took out the leading spaces and (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Help: Leading Spaces?

(...) I'm still here. Please stand by..., I keep getting pitched when replying to your msg... KDJ (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Help: Leading Spaces?

(...) [example snipped because they are causing the problem too] Okay, based on some little tests I just ran in .test, and the results of trying to reply to your message, I can better describe this now. I can't show you because it keeps blowing me (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Help: Leading Spaces?

(...) That's truly bizarre. Even if it were a server-side issue, no server-side fault or even a client application fault should cause your Internet connection to drop carrier. You've got something very strange going on in your system. What happens (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Help: Leading Spaces?

(...) Well at 56k I don't really want to download another browser to try. A little background here: I normally connect via DSL where I live in Ontario. Currently I am in N.B. at my folks' place. So I am dialing into a local "roamer service" number (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Help: Leading Spaces?

(...) OK, the issue you're experiencing clearly isn't related to LUGNET news. (...) Ya, it's interesting...intrig....something for .off-topic.geek. :-) --Todd (...) LOL --Todd (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Help: Leading Spaces?

(...) This sounds like a modem issue. Modems have an escape character (+ by default) which if typed three times in a row will get you into command mode (where you can issue commands, like ATDT or ATZ, etc.) Most modems will only recognize the escape (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  (canceled)