 Administrative / NNTP / 1636 (-20)
  Re: New posting email not working?

(...) OK, did that. Still had the old email when I went to that page so I guess the cookie didnt get updated for some reason. Checked it out manually, it seems to have the right email now. Looks like that has fixed the problem with the incorrect (...) (19 years ago, 19-May-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: New posting email not working?

(...) If it still has your old email it sounds like the cookie didn't get set correctly? Try going through setup again via this URL: (URL) the browser that you want to post with and make sure you are accepting cookies. Doing it while signed in is (...) (19 years ago, 19-May-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  New posting email not working?

Yesterday I changed my Lugnet email, and today I got a message saying the server was ready to accept posts. So I tried to post in .o-t.test using my newsreader, but I was declined with the standard 441 message. So then I posted using the web (...) (19 years ago, 19-May-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Problems with news server - Connection refused

(...) Ross, Thanks, it works again now ! (... must have missed that change, obviously ;-) Regards, Andy (19 years ago, 6-May-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Problems with news server - Connection refused

(...) A while back, the news server posrt was changed to 1119, because of some stupid hacker program that attacked port 119. Change your port to 1119 and all should work as before. HTH ROSCO (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Problems with news server - Connection refused

Hi, I was able to work with the LUGNET news server successfully a while ago. When retring today with the same settings, it fails with "connection refused". My environment is: - Mozilla news reader V1.6 - Windows XP Pro SP1 - ZoneAlarm firewall on (...) (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Authenticating multiple posts at once *beta*

(...) ... (...) Cool then. I'll update the auth emails with this link, and perhaps we could ask one of the curators to add links on the appropriate sidebars. (19 years ago, 29-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Authenticating multiple posts at once *beta*

(...) Hmm. Let me know if happens again. (...) Shouldn't be anymore, no. (19 years ago, 23-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Authenticating multiple posts at once *beta*

(...) I happened as soon as i visited the link in the email, and happened every time i tried. I have just tried again, and it works. Is there still a delay between them being posted and them appearing in the list? (19 years ago, 23-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Authenticating multiple posts at once *beta*

(...) Well, that's no good. Can you reproduce that? How did you get there? I'm assuming you approved some posts first? LMK! (19 years ago, 23-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Authenticating multiple posts at once *beta*

(...) Erm.. well... "An internal server error occurred: Can't use string ("") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at (eval 1) line 24. " This appears to happen regardless of whether there is a pending email or not. (19 years ago, 23-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Authenticating multiple posts at once *beta*

(...) Lets see how it goes this time. (19 years ago, 23-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Authenticating multiple posts at once *beta*

(...) Ok, I think I have a good fix for this in place. Try it now (with new posts)? Thanks! Dan (19 years ago, 23-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Authenticating multiple posts at once *beta*

(...) Basically some people enter a fake email address to be shown on their posts, so that spam bots won't be able to harvest their address. They "hide" the real address - instead of saying "dan@example.com" it would say something like (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Authenticating multiple posts at once *beta*

(...) Ouch, good point. I don't use a spamblock, so I didn't think of that. Hmmm. I might have to think on this a little. (...) Yes, it would be sent there. That's not right. I'll see if I can fix this later today. (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Authenticating multiple posts at once *beta*

(...) Well... There are no pending posts for 'dean@earlsoft.co.uk'. What is the spamblocked address Thomas mentioned? (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Authenticating multiple posts at once *beta*

(...) I'll give it a go. (ps, this is a multipurpose post to test with :) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Authenticating multiple posts at once *beta*

(...) Well, it works on spamblocked e-mail addresses (those set up at posting setup) not the unblocked addresses that people usually think of as their addresses. That is somewhat counter-intuitive. And since I have yet to receive the e-mail that (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Authenticating multiple posts at once *beta*

I just finished working a new feature that I think people were asking for. Basically, it's the ability to check and authorize all the posts you have pending with one click. I think it's all done and working, but if you want to try it out, please (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp) !

  Bug fixed

Just a short note - while working on something else, I ran into a bug I forgot about. When posting to multiple groups via SMTP, the poster would get multiple copies of the authentication message - one for every group posted to - even though any of (...) (19 years ago, 20-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.nntp) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact