 Administrative / NNTP / 1623
Re: Authenticating multiple posts at once *beta*
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:04:37 GMT

On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 10:56:10AM +0000, Dean Earley wrote:
Well...
There are no pending posts for 'dean@earlsoft.co.uk'. What is the
spamblocked address Thomas mentioned?

Basically some people enter a fake email address to be shown on their
posts, so that spam bots won't be able to harvest their address.  They
"hide" the real address - instead of saying "dan@example.com" it would
say something like "dan@NOSPAM.example.com".  A human can look at that
and guess to remove the NOSPAM, but a script (in theory) will not.

However, it doesn't look like that's the case with your setup.  How long
did you wait after posting the original message to check on it?

I think to fix the spamblock issue I'll have to change the way the
database is generated, which, as a side effect, will make the list
update in real time.  We'll see.

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com