 Administrative / NNTP / 1136 (-20)
  Re: Top 1000 noisemakers

Dan Boger wrote in message <20021230055017.GA10...on.com>... (...) That can't be so - I'm on the list at 413 posts, and I post via newsreader, not the web. Kevin ---...--- NEW Half-Timbered Shops kit 1400+++ pieces! (URL) TOWN PLANNING information: (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Top 1000 noisemakers

(...) ok, here it is. Like last time, only people who posted from the web interface were counted - it's too much of a pain to deal with parsing email addresses for unique ids. So as /. says, if you use these numbers for anything at all, you're out (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.admin.statistics) !!

  Re: Weird Line Breaks

(...) sorry, no clue about opera or how it deals with text areas in HTML. However... (...) if you mean posting by email, just set the "reply-to" field to "lugnet.some.group@lugnet.com" and the server will translate it to a FUT header. If you're (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Top 1000 noisemakers (was: Re: Posting frequency?)

(...) yesterday... (...) <snip the next 999 noisemakers...> LOL, Brian K.'s post in b-s-t has reminded me, it's just about that time of year again-- Todd? or Dan, if Todd is too busy? Maggie C. (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Weird Line Breaks

Okay, being lazy I still haven't figured out how to set FUT in Pine, so I fired up Opera and composed a message. Then preview looked like it had some strange line breaks (even though I had already shortened the quoted material), so I went through (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: lugnet.sports

(...) In that case I would urge against sub-categorization. I doubt there will be such a huge amount of traffic to merit it anyway. Over on fbtb there have been on the order of 80 sports-related posts over the last month (two major threads (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: lugnet.sports

Bruce Hietbrink wrote in message ... (...) than (...) In NNTP, you only see the specific group, not its subgroups - they come up as a separate group. And remembering what happened when NNTP was down some time ago - the posting rate dropped (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: lugnet.sports

(...) At least using a web browser as an interface, if you read the .castle group you see the .castle.ninja posts as well. So if a theme had subgroups for the subthemes they would all still show up in the more general group. Any other MOC that fell (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: lugnet.sports

(...) The official name Lego uses is "LEGO Sports". I don't know if this matters in the naming of it. I don't mind either way - I am just being nit-pickety. :-) (...) Considering how many subthemes the space and castle theme have, and considering (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: lugnet.sports

(...) As much as I've always wanted this to happen, it'd be kinda hard. Kicking, the football itself, the field, and running all come into factor. (...) Your right. It works well for everything but that. My only suggestion would be to use spanish (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: lugnet.sports

(...) Works for me! The problem though is... what is football? With the international flavor of the name you can make an excellent and valid argument that football is soccer and not NFL. (if and when NFL ever gets licensed) Also, I wonder if the (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: lugnet.sports

(...) I think so too, but with the (more international) name "sport" instead of "sports"... i.e.: lugnet.sport with the potential for sub-expansion, for example: lugnet.sport.basketball lugnet.sport.football lugnet.sport.hockey --Todd (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Re: LEGO® Company and Nike Launch BIONICLE=?X-UNKNOWN?Q?=99_Shoe_Partnershi

This message has a really weird subject. . .in fact, it looks very odd in the Web view (as opposed to only slightly odd in Pine). I assume Pine did this, but I'm confused about why. Doesn't LUGNET only allow Unicode characters in postings? Pine (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: HELP! I'm not getting the confirmation emails!

(...) Nevermind... The problem was on my end after all. Turns out all of the e-mail to wards.net was not getting delivered, but it's fixed now. --Bill. (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Question

No confirmation. He still gets the "new users start here" error. -- Thanx~ Nicole Drumm MS (URL) Account: drumm-family Bricklink Store: Drumm's Small Lots CLOSED! "Ross Crawford" <rcrawford@csi.com> wrote in message news:H3n62p.5nK@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Question

(...) What's the symptoms, Nicole? Is he getting a confirmation email? Is confirmation not working? Regards ROSCO (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Question

I finally got around to getting my father in la, Duane his own email. He filled out the posting form and I double checked it for him. Problem is he still can't post. It's been a couple days. Any ideas? Yes, everything matches the way its supposed to (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  HELP! I'm not getting the confirmation emails!

When I post through NNTP I am not getting confirmation emails. The last one I got was two days ago. I didn't change anything on my end... (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: posting question

I'm not sure if you mean to post this to admin.nntp? It sounds like you're using the web interface, not NNTP? If not, ignore this, because I know little about NNTP interfaces. The way it works via the web interface is cookie-based. Thre's two kinds (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.general)

  posting question

Hi all, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I had a question about posting through Internet Explorer. When I first started posting to Lugnet, each time I posted I was asked "Have you received permission? etc" and I had to fill (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact