 Administrative / NNTP / 1118
Re: posting question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 20:58:13 GMT

I'm not sure if you mean to post this to admin.nntp? It sounds like you're
using the web interface, not NNTP? If not, ignore this, because I know
little about NNTP interfaces. The way it works via the web interface is
cookie-based. Thre's two kinds of cookies you can get from Lugnet, I believe:

- posting setup cookie
- member signed-in cookie

The membership cookie tells the webserver that you're a member (and what
member you are), and allows you to rate sets, get your set lists, highlight
posts, etc.  The posting setup cookie will store your name/email info, and
automatically fill that information in the HTML form when you attempt to post.

To get the cookie set, go to:
http://news.lugnet.com/news/post/setup/

Todd's description:
http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=22971