 Administrative / NNTP / 1134
Re: Weird Line Breaks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 02:50:52 GMT

On Sun, Dec 29, 2002 at 08:07:00AM +0000, TWS Garrison wrote:

Okay, being lazy I still haven't figured out how to set FUT in Pine, so I
fired up Opera and composed a message.  Then preview looked like it had
some strange line breaks (even though I had already shortened the quoted
material), so I went through the whole message and made sure that no line
was more 60 characters long.  The result: this hideous mess
http://news.lugnet.com/market/auction/?n=9688
Why? Why? Why?

sorry, no clue about opera or how it deals with text areas in HTML.
However...

Also, does anyone know how to set FUT in Pine?

if you mean posting by email, just set the "reply-to" field to
"lugnet.some.group@lugnet.com" and the server will translate it
to a FUT header.  If you're browsing NNTP via pine (why?!?), I'm
not sure - but I think there used to be a ctrl-h command to show
more headers, and that you could configure which headers it would
show.  Of course, all my pine knowledge is very old - real men use
mutt :)

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com