 Administrative / General / Search Results: password
 Results 381 – 400 of 524.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Article rating?

(...) 5: Members can't remember their passwords? At least, that's the case for me... My password was put in a safe place when it got mailed to me, and I haven't had a chance to dig it out (yes, I know where it is) and use it, now that there's an (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Membership

(...) You are correct. I joined about 2 months ago (member #1000) and received my password by email one day after Todd received my payment via Paypal (I don't know if he is always so quick though). Ken (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.001)

  Re: To Whom It May Concern...

(...) As of right now, Todd is the go-to person for password resets. If you've emailed Todd more than once and it's been in a more than 24-48 hour period with no response, then posting here certainly seems the next best thing to do... IIRC he does (...) (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.001)

  Re: [Ba-lego] Re: Welcome to the "Ba-lego" mailing list

(...) If there is to be a linkage, it should not, in my view, be via a mechanism that includes public posting of the control password. Too much potential for abuse. Based on that and on some discussion on this with the transition group, I've used (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jun-04, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Virtual cookies (was: Re: Editing Member Pages & Netscape)

(...) You rock. Guess i have to stop using "ToddIsAWeenie" as my password now. :-) (1) Can you let it check for a cookie on the machine first, and if present, use that (a particular machine may have different details such as org, for whatever (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jun-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.001)

  (canceled)

password
(score: 1.001)

  Re: New feature: Article rating

(...) Thank you. And I do agree with you that there is value in making the password hard to crack. Value to the user and value to Lugnet. Now we're just down to figuring out how best to achieve both and what the priority is... ++Lar (24 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.001)

  Re: New feature: Article rating

(...) annoying (...) Good point. (...) I sign in from various workstations in various training rooms in 2 different buildings. (...) Until you added Article Rating, the only function a member could perform by logging in was to edit their profile (if (...) (24 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general) !

password
(score: 1.001)

  (canceled)

password
(score: 1.001)

  Re: LUGNET Memberships

(...) I was thinking more from the perspective of what you are going to create that will have a span of 9 months and not what might happen on the internet outside of LUGNET in 9 months. This still doesn't explain why you have a sophisticated (...) (24 years ago, 28-Sep-00, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Pulled off a snipe.

(...) Yah, I suppose pretty much anything you post anywhere on the internet that's viewable without a password has lost its confidentiality. Not sure what he meant by proprietary and "confidential" but what he posted certainly wasn't confidential (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.001)

  Re: LUGNET Memberships

Hi there! Excuse me if i am totally lost here... Is it not so that a 6 letter password containing letters from A to Z and 0 to 9, can have 36^6 different combinations and contains 48 bits in a unique order? A binary value containing 0 or 1 in 8 (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.001)

  Private boards?

Okay, so here's a question. Is it technically possible, and/or feasible to have private, possibly password-protected boards set up? The reason I ask is that my local train club does its internal communications by email, and it is quite a burden on (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Lost passwords?

(...) Can we PLEASE get this dealt with, this is going on at least 8 months now since the password was lost! Dean (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.001)

  Re: New feature: Article rating

(...) But I don't _want_ to, and to suggest that as an alternative to carrying around a machine-generated password seems a little boneheaded. I don't _want_ to leave myself logged into Lugnet just like I don't _want_ to leave myself logged into (...) (24 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.001)

  Re: LUGNET Memberships

(...) If I send an extra $10, can I get a new packet of LUGNET membership stuff, most importantly my password? Chris (24 years ago, 24-Sep-00, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.001)

  Help! Lost coookie!

Help! I lost my cookie for the member log in till i log ot manually and I lost the password with it! Someone help me! Member 586! Rick (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.001)

  Re: LUGNET Memberships

(...) Probably the latter. But maybe (tying threads together) we could have Todd print a bar code that we swiped with our :CueCats to verify it was us (along with a rather easier password that we had to remember) ?? Personally I think one should (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

password
(score: 1.001)

  Re: LUGNET Memberships

"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:G1HDIu.J6p@lugnet.com... (...) other (...) I (...) So ... are you going to tell us what is going to happen nine months from now or just leave us hanging? IMHO, the password checker and system (...) (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.001)

  Re: New feature: Article rating

(...) Can you name a major website with the sort of long-term goals that LUGNET has that sides with your "setting your own password isn't important" opinion? (...) Well, did you read the rest of that paragraph? eCircles isn't a retailer - it is a (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general) !

password
(score: 1.001)

More:  Next Page >>