Re: [Ba-lego] Re: Welcome to the "Ba-lego" mailing list
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 5 Jun 2004 12:50:37 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, Russell Clark wrote:
A long time ago the ba-lego list was the mailing list we used. It is what
the club first started on. When LUGNET started, Todd linked the ba-lego list
to the San Francisco newsgroup so that a message posted on one would show up
on the other. A couple of years ago the link was broken. Perhaps the link
and the old ba-lego list have been fixed?

If there is to be a linkage, it should not, in my view, be via a mechanism that
includes public posting of the control password. Too much potential for abuse.

Based on that and on some discussion on this with the transition group, I've
used the (publicly posted) password to unsubscribe the loc.us.ca.sf group from
the list pending resolution of whether this linkage is a good thing or not.

XFUT admin.general