 Administrative / General / Search Results: password
 Results 201 – 220 of about 520.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: I'm back...

(...) Are there any verification things that are part of the official NNTP protocol? If not, then anyone who uses a standard old newsreader could end up being out of luck. I use 'gnus' inside Gnu emacs, for example. I also have absolutely no idea (...) (23 years ago, 28-May-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.206)

  Re: I'm back...

(...) Why not do this: Shut off posting by mail completely. Let people read, but not post. Require authentication via nntp same as web (this should be simple - in fact it should be a toggle to turn it on, then an option to pull the username & (...) (23 years ago, 27-May-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.206)

  (canceled)

password
(score: 0.206)

  (canceled)

password
(score: 0.206)

  (canceled)

password
(score: 0.206)

  (canceled)

password
(score: 0.206)

  Re: Security (was: Re: I'm back...)

(...) to (...) post a (...) something (...) How would that work with people who have a dialup-account and no fixed IP? What about users behind a firewall (multiple users with one IP)? The other way around: what if people post from different (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.206)

  Security (was: Re: I'm back...)

"blessing" <blessing@icefog.net> wrote in message news:GDvuD0.72r@lugnet.com... (...) AFAIK, yes he is. (...) Because this is an open forum, based on trust: no passwords are required to actually post something. Based on the info I'm required to (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

password
(score: 0.206)

  Todd, could you please resend me my password?

Todd, my server won't let me send normal mail to you, so I'm sorry I have to ask this way. My system crashed and my settings are all messed up, and some data was lost. Right now I get prompted every time in lugnet replies if I have read the terms of (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.205)

  Re: Need to retrieve my password... Help!

(...) I don't believe there is a way to "retrieve" your password. Even Todd doesn't know what a user password, in general, is. I don't know if he keeps records of the initial passwords but I would be surprised. I am almost certain he does not keep (...) (23 years ago, 13-Apr-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.204)

  Help! Lost coookie!

Help! I lost my cookie for the member log in till i log ot manually and I lost the password with it! Someone help me! Member 586! Rick (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.203)

  Re: Need to retrieve my password... Help!

Larry, Thanks! Actually looks like the LUGNET gods heard my prayer and I got an automated response telling me how to change my password. Which, by the way, is "juniorization." Just kidding, of course. But the odd thing about the password feature is (...) (23 years ago, 13-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.203)

  Re: Need to retrieve my password... Help!

(...) Just don't go there. If you really must, there are some pretty involved threads on this topic. I'll say this, if you think it's tight now, you should have seen it before the password restrictions were loosened up. ++Lar (23 years ago, 13-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.203)

  Re: Need to retrieve my password... Help!

(...) (this assumes that you are comfortable with a level of security that means that if your PC were stolen or broken into, that some random can be logged on to LUGNET as you, which currently allows them to see your set DB, rate sets, change your (...) (23 years ago, 13-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.203)

  Re: Need to retrieve my password... Help!

(...) To you as well, if you forget your key, eh? I'm not sure it's clear how forgetful I actually am yet. :-) ++Lar (who doesn't have a pgp keyset despite being a libertarian) (23 years ago, 13-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.203)

  Re: Need to retrieve my password... Help!

(...) heh, that's why you take that one text file, and pgp (or gpg) encrypt it - that way, unless a keyboard sniffer is installed on your box, the file is useless :) (23 years ago, 13-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.203)

  Upcoming system changes

This message details three upcoming LUGNET site changes. Briefly, these are as follows: 1. Improvements in password security 2. Removal of lugnet.off-topic.pun newsgroup 3. Name change Please see the following sections below for more details. (...) (23 years ago, 1-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general) !!

password
(score: 0.202)

  Todd - Help!!

Todd, I lost my cookie and my Lugnet password. Can you send me my password, or reset it so I can create a new password? In addition to edboxer@aol.com, please e:mail it to ejones@lehman.com. Thanks (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.201)

  Re: Upcoming system changes

(...) Todd, just for clarification, are other 3-letter animals that aren't on the list ok for use? I just changed my password to PIG, but I wanted it to be COW because that's what I use for Paypal. If not then I guess I'll just moove that one to PIG (...) (23 years ago, 1-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.201)

  Re: Membership Help

Yeah .. That is exactly what I need, my password!! #422 I e-mailed to Todd A while back, unfortunately no answer.. If anyone has any clues as to where the "I forgot my password button" is hiding I would love to know where it is at..!! Thanks Dave (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.198)

More:  Next Page >>