 Administrative / General / 9191
9190  |  9192
Subject:
Security (was: Re: I'm back...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2001 09:10:16 GMT

"blessing" <blessing@icefog.net> wrote in message
news:GDvuD0.72r@lugnet.com...
I have a question,
Who in the hell is this guy?
Is this the mathew formerly known as 'mad Hatter' ??
because if he is I can understand the hatred and anger.

AFAIK, yes he is.

BTW: how is he stealing the user-names?

Because this is an open forum, based on trust: no passwords are required to
actually post something. Based on the info I'm required to type in to post a
message I think anyone can post using the right name and email address
combination (which are included in every post).
The only way I can think of to make it more 'secure' is to include something
that is personal to the poster like a password. The downside ofcourse is
that it makes it 'less' accessable for first time/casual visitors.

-Frank

Trimmed groups and FUP: admin.general