 Administrative / General / 9525 (-20)
  Re: Possible problem/bug

(...) I used to be able to use Supersedes to change my articles, but I haven't been able to do that anymore. I don't know if it is a policy change or a bug. Superseding is more or less the same as canceling an article and posting a new one, but it (...) (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Possible problem/bug

(...) This is an unfortunate side effect of the "no edit, only cancel" policy here... but this side effect is, I think, massively drowned out by the positive effects of not being able to revise your words in a way that makes replies inconsistent. (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Possible problem/bug

(...) I canceled my original post about Fibblesnork because, in it, I had typed the URL, causing a link to the site, which I did not want. All within a short amount of time: there was one follow up, I e-mailed the poster notifying him I wanted to (...) (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Mech

(...) Actually, you're not supposed to post sales announcements in any group but .market.buy-sell-trade, per the TOS. While it's true, he didn't spell out "for sale," the post was soon after a sales announcement in b-s-t, so I think the intent was (...) (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: The Original Jesse Long

(...) Welcome back! I just got caught up on rtl and came here to make sure all was well. For the record, I'm still against the banning of the other Jesse, even if it does cause Jesse Long Confusion. ;) best LFB (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

Hi, Yes that is my real name :-) I received your update request on the 24th of July, and updated your (and other's) links on the 31st. This was sent off to be changed on the Main site. I suspect that is slipped through the email cracks. I am (...) (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  (canceled)

  Re: Possible problem/bug

(...) If we are talking bugs here in the lugnet.robotics area that mailing list went nuts and duplicated messages already on the list. I started getting these "you posted via the mailing list, see all these other ways of posting". I've never used (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

(...) I've updated the links on my page ((URL) to the new location. I have a problem, though. The LUGNET links page ((URL) still points to my old xoom.com/nbci.com site where the references to the fibblesnork domain remain. I e-mailed Linc Smith (is (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Possible problem/bug

(...) OK, I think I see the confusion now...there are two threads, similar but differrent. Suzanne started a first one and then canceled her message, and then started a new one about a half hour later. So what you saw that looked like it disappeared (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: MOC: First World War German Dreadnought: SMS Friedrich der Grosse

[nb.: Scroll WAYYYY down to the end for the .admin.general item] (...) Thanks! I'm glad it has the approval of the ABS-grognards among us. :) I was warned, however, that building that ship served as an official gauntlet-dropping for you at next (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Possible problem/bug

(...) I thought that too...but even that, or re-confirming the message via e-mail (if I'm understanding that right, haven't used it myself...it seems like a message can be confirmed more than once...I've seen several instances where someone confirms (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Possible problem/bug

(...) I haven't seen this, and it doesn't sound probable. Perhaps Rico's clock was set incorrectly on his newsreader's machine? That could confuse the date display. (...) I see one -- which Suzanne posted and cancelled herself and reposted. Which do (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Possible problem/bug

Suz & Todd, Have you seen messages, sometimes several hours old, jumping up the newsgroup hierarchy in the last day or so? Maybe I'm completely off my rocker, but I believe I've seen this happen at least three times now, in different groups and (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

Any links on your webpages that point to ANY page at *Fibblesnork* should please be removed ASAP!! The domain name has apparently changed hands.. from what was Todd Lehman's personal website to one with **adult content** (at one click in). This may (...) (23 years ago, 26-Aug-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.people) !!

  (canceled)

  Re: MOC: Enterprise, NX-01

(...) Sorry about going acronym on ya there, not very helpful I know. FUT = "Follow-Up To". When you made your original post, you set it up like this: Newsgroups: lugnet.announce Follow-up: lugnet.build,lugnet....c.us.ny.ny The problem with this is (...) (23 years ago, 25-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New Brickbay shop- McBricks

(...) Which would be probably 98% of LUGNET at this point, I betcha. Easy fix, though. Crosspost b-s-t with FUT set to brickstores and explain that it's a new group and it is the place to be for this sort of jammin' action. ++Lar (23 years ago, 25-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New Brickbay shop- McBricks

(...) Hi Cary, I just figured since the market.brickshops group was fairly new that not a lot of people were familiar with it yet and I guess I was right =). My other reason would be for it (the announcement) to reach the widest audience while still (...) (23 years ago, 24-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New Brickbay shop- McBricks

This is the first mention of market.brickstores that I've seen. It does not appear to have been publicised much. It seems weird to me, for these reasons: 1) I didn't see any announcement in buy-sell-trade about the new brickstores group, let alone (...) (23 years ago, 24-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact