 Administrative / General / 9210 (-20)
  (canceled)

  Re: I'm back...

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GDwut6.CuA@lugnet.com... (...) Also, paid members should be able to enter their confirmation code for their news post setup into something that will associate that posting email (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  (canceled)

  (canceled)

  (canceled)

  Re: I'm back...

(...) Authenticating posting means putting security against all the mechanisms used to post, nntp, mail, and web, no? It might take less time and effort to provide a way to web cancel posts if you authenticate that you are who you say you are. This (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: I'm back...

(...) yikes... what I'd like to see is a setup that we can use pgp signed messages, to athunticate posts... but that would require a fair bit of coding, and it doesn't seem that Todd has much time now... :/ Dan (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: I'm back...

(...) Actually B is an incorrect observation. Matthew took Todd's name and posted in his name. Todd then cancelled the post through the server. -Shiri (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: A suggestion for posting via the Web interface

Thanks Richard...nice to know I'n not the only one out there who has pulled this particular 'Homer'...D'Oh! Actually, that's exactally what I did for the re-made version of that particular rant...typed it up in SimpleText (Mac) and copy/pasted it (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: A suggestion for posting via the Web interface

(...) Whereas I like your suggestion (because I have done the same thing before), I have to think that Todd will "low-priority" this request -- there being such a lot of other stuff to attend to. For dumb***es like ourselves, I recommend a text (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: I'm back...

(...) I can see your handywork already Todd. Thanks. -Duane (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: I'm back...

(...) I've been lying low and keeping quite, in fear of ID theft and for sheer stupidity of this thread, but I must chime in. From what I've observed, Todd has been A) ignoring this to see if it will go away, or B) Posting and canceling, presumably (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: I'm back...

(...) Todd, Is there anything we can do about this clown? It's one thing to have a personality that nobody else seems to like, but trying to fake someone elses name in a NG is downright irritating to the extreme. TOSs him out again... -Duane (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  (canceled)

  (canceled)

  Re: Security (was: Re: I'm back...)

(...) to (...) post a (...) something (...) How would that work with people who have a dialup-account and no fixed IP? What about users behind a firewall (multiple users with one IP)? The other way around: what if people post from different (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Security (was: Re: I'm back...)

(...) Ok, I see this in the top part: Subject: Re: Security (was: Re: I'm back...) From: jmolen@globalxs.nl (Jaco van der Molen) Jaco van der Molen Reply-To: jmolen@globalxs.nl Newsgroups: lugnet.admin.general Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 09:08:03 GMT Now (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  (canceled)

  Security (was: Re: I'm back...)

"blessing" <blessing@icefog.net> wrote in message news:GDvuD0.72r@lugnet.com... (...) AFAIK, yes he is. (...) Because this is an open forum, based on trust: no passwords are required to actually post something. Based on the info I'm required to (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact