 Administrative / General / 687
Re: Profanity (was Re: Lego(r) Master Maniac designation?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 1 Jan 1999 08:54:59 GMT

Also sprach Moz (Chris Moseley):
: That's not really the issue - you keep saying "like" and "can live without"
: but at the same time you insistently argue against a ban. Would it mean

A ban is almost always a poor alternative to a sensible and intelligent
policy.  Bans are intellectually limiting and generally unworkable in
practice unless one is willing to resort to draconian enforcement
measures.  Bans assume the worst in people, whereas good policy does
not.  As a fine example of my point, I give you current U.S. drug
policy.

: that much to you to have this area declared a clean zone? The more you
: protest the more I discount what I've seen of your postings in favour
: of a picture of you as someone who occasionally breaks down into a
: mess of incoherent swearing, and feels that that is a good thing.

Chris, I challenge you to show me one instance of 'incoherent swearing'
in my entire history of posting on RTL and lugnet.  I can't hide it if
it's there; RTL is archived on Dejanews and lugnet is archived as well.
This is an utterly unfounded and absurd accusation, and I find it ironic
that you would deny me and others an occasional f-word but think this
sort of thing is acceptable, just because your language is clean?
Sheesh ...

/ _ _ / _ _                                         Just say no to 1.0
============= Jim Baker -- Weather Weasel Extraordinaire ==============