 Administrative / General / 645
Re: Lugnet.robotics and the Robotics List
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 18:50:17 GMT

Alex Wetmore <alex@phred.org> writes:

[...]
Finally, I would like to use this time to bring up one oddity in the way
that lugnet had the lugnet.robotics group setup.  It puts Reply-To headers
into the messages, while the lego-robotics list does not.  This is annoying,
because if one isn't paying attention then they'll find private emails going
back to the group.  I would like it to at least be consistent with the
mailing list, and in the best case I'd like to see the Reply-To's not put in
there by lugnet.  Is there a reason why they are there?

Hmm, perhaps in the case of gatewayed messages going out (i.e., gatewayed
out of the lugnet.robotics newsgroup into the lego-robotics mailing list,
or out of the lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf newsgroup into the ba-lego mailing list),
the Reply-To field could be set to the original From field before the From
field is munged.  For example, the NNTP headers