 Administrative / General / 639
Re: Lugnet.robotics and the Robotics List
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 19:13:13 GMT

Linc Smith wrote:
<snip>

LINC

Linc raises some very interesting questions, worthy of some indepth
discussion.

One very minor point I want to add is that I used to use my mailboxes as
an archive. When a list item came in, I would, at that time, either
delete it, or save it to a sub folder. Over time, I built up an archive
of just those mails that I thought were especially valuable. Over time,
I saved less and less because my archive had more of the good stuff.

The archive we have here now is all or nothing. There is no filtering of
the good stuff.

But this is a minor point for two reasons
1. I hardly ever look at the archive I developed
2. There are websites that capture all the really, really good stuff
better than my mailbox strategy did.

Just something to mull over.

- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.