 Administrative / General / 5582
Re: Is there a right or wrong way to use the vote?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 21:47:10 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

[...] Tell it how _you_ reacted to the article,
not how you imagine others will react or how high quality you think the
article was.
[...]
The ratings are supposed approximate the probability that a random viewer
will enjoy or not enjoy a particular article.
[...]
I'd say the "encouraged" way to use it is to mark your own personal reaction
and that only.  Make it completely independent of how you think other people
will react.  That's what the _average_ is for.

That said, and maybe the following goes without saying, but try not to rate
articles that you haven't read, or that you can't read because they're in a
language you don't speak.  :)

--Todd